Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 205/65/15 to big?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cal
What's the general opinion on these 205/65/15 tires on Fuchs.....are they to big? I like the vintage appearance but do they look out of place?
mgp4591
I was running that size in the rear and 195/60-15 on Empi spokers and it worked out fine. Occasionally I'd rub a bit in the rear but not enough to be a problem- I ran the smaller in front for the stance I wanted and it came out fine. My avatar is what it looked like then- now it's just in parts...
EdwardBlume
I like it. Looks good. aktion035.gif
damesandhotrods
I’m running 205 65x15 in the rear and 195 65x15 in the front. But then I bought the Fuchs and tires when I had my VW Type 3 and just moved them to the 914 when I got it. Portland roads were no place for 50 series or smaller sidewalls…
Ian Stott
I run Bridgestone Potenza 205/60 15's, with 28 psi all around and am very happy with the handling, the ride and the tires look right. No rubbing.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
GeorgeRud
Actually, 195/60-15 is closest to the original size, but these look fine as well. As long as they don't rub and you realize that the speedometer will read a bit low, enjoy them.
Porschef
I'm running the same size and have no issues other than a slight rubbing on the left front well at full left lock. Apparently this tire is the same height as the original size, so the stance is the same, with more rubber on the road smile.gif

Only pic I have, featuring the custom sunshade

Click to view attachment

Post 914...

DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Oct 8 2015, 04:48 AM) *

I run Bridgestone Potenza 205/60 15's, with 28 psi all around and am very happy with the handling, the ride and the tires look right. No rubbing.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

I have 205/55-16", which would be almost the same as your 65-15's. They are just a bit bigger, i probably will go with 205/50 16 next time, but i really like them, I also have the Potenza's. Great tires. I really don't like the look of small rims and small tires on these cars. i had 14" fuchs and those kind of looked like balloons not much rim, lots of tire.
patssle
What brand/model tires are y'all running on those 195/65? I've mostly just found all-season general tires...nothing special or high performance.
Chris Pincetich
When I went to 205/65/15 the fronts rubbed when near full lock turning, which was almost every day on my curved driveway entrance. So, I bumped up the ride height, which messed up the alignment, which wore through my tires on the outside edges, which resulted in them being rotated every other month and lasting 10 months. huh.gif

I am now on low-rolling resistance commuter tires at 195/65/15 beerchug.gif
Larmo63
I have 205/65/15 Yokohamas on five lug 911 6 x 15 flat Fuchs my car and I love them. I was going to swap to the 195s, but decided it wasn't worth the time, money and hassle.

I held the 195 side by side with the 205 and there isn't very much difference.
damesandhotrods
QUOTE(patssle @ Oct 8 2015, 02:21 PM) *

What brand/model tires are y'all running on those 195/65? I've mostly just found all-season general tires...nothing special or high performance.

You say “All Season” like it is a bad thing…
GeorgeRud
I'm running Michelin Pilot Exaltos, but I don't know if they're currently available anymore.
Porschef
QUOTE(Chris Pincetich @ Oct 8 2015, 06:44 PM) *

When I went to 205/65/15 the fronts rubbed when near full lock turning, which was almost every day on my curved driveway entrance. So, I bumped up the ride height, which messed up the alignment, which wore through my tires on the outside edges, which resulted in them being rotated every other month and lasting 10 months. huh.gif

I am now on low-rolling resistance commuter tires at 195/65/15 beerchug.gif

Chris, I'm guessing that your lowered car didn't like that size. I haven't had any real problem with the 205's.

I'm using Sumitomo's, made in Japan.

Joe
TheCabinetmaker
I run 205/60/15 on 4 bolt fuchs. No rub inside or out.
Racer
imho, a little big. Great if you want a soft ride though! 195/60 was my favorite.
rhodyguy
mucho wide for 5.5" wide wheels. even with the oem wheel backspacing. i didn't care for the 'bulging' on the sidewalls. imho 195/60 is perfect.
EdwardBlume
Here's 205 60 15s with 1/4 inch spacers.... lowered.... very tight in the rear.
Porschef
Agreed, Kevin, but with the quality of road here on LI a somewhat softer sidewalk is greatly appreciated. Not like I can go out and carve some twisties either, mostly I have to be content to stare at the ass end of some big black SUV...

Rob, those look real good.
TheCabinetmaker
A 205 is only ten millimeters wider than a 195. That's 5mm per side. For the metric challenged, that's 3/16" each side. Not hardly enough to see a big difference. My opinion is, they are perfect. I've ran 195's. Hated them.
turk22
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Oct 9 2015, 06:53 AM) *

I run 205/60/15 on 4 bolt fuchs. No rub inside or out.

agree.gif This is what I went with, no issues.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.