Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transmission ID and Value Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sgh
Hey guys, need some help identifying a transmission that I have. It is a 5sp with a serial number of HA06115. I cannot find a type number or any other numbers anywhere on the case. The website below has a serial number range of HA05084 - ? for a MY74 914 and HA05085 - ? for a MY75 914. 7:31 R&P with gear ratios AFNVZd.

http://www.blueskymotorsports.com/index.ph...17&Itemid=6

Is that what I have? Any idea as to the value of the transmission is good working condition? Thanks for the help.
brant
the tricky thing is the definition of good working condition
without pulling the stack and having the experience to evaluate the 1st/reverse slider its tough to estimate the wear

if it crunches at all down shifting into reverse at a full stop then the slider is worn and very expensive to replace.

cores of unknown condition a low of 50
maybe 150 if driveable

rebuilt 700 and up depending on the number of new parts and cost of rebuild
(which can easily run 2k)
Dave_Darling
The gearing for all 914 transmissions (except the Six) was the same. The only real year-to-year differences were that the 70-72 were tail-shifters, and the 73-76 were side-shifters.

--DD
sgh
Thanks guys. The transmission is drivable as I had it in a car as a temporary unit. I do not remember any excessive crunching other than the typical 901 patience you need when shifting into 1st and reverse.

Maybe I'll just put it in the classifieds for a reasonable number. I have absolutely no use for it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.