Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Britain...look
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
this is Gary Bayless' 914 2.0 supercharged 912 racer.

KT
Trekkor
hmmm
Trekkor
business end...

KT
Britain Smith
Cool...there is not much 912 left there. That is definitely one way to get bigger tires on an early car.

-Britain
Aaron Cox
thats one savage 912E!!!
Trekkor
Built on a '65 912. Not much left of that though.

KT
MattR
Not an E then.

Still pretty cool.
Aaron Cox
its got a 2,0 tpye 4...its an E to me
MattR
Maybe its a 72 912?

*inside joke*
nebreitling
dig the trailer -- look at the wheels smilie_pokal.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Mar 6 2005, 11:34 PM)
dig the trailer -- look at the wheels smilie_pokal.gif

a fitting end for cookie cutters.... laugh.gif

why not use POS design 90 wheels.... ar15.gif unsure.gif
URY914
Looks heavy laugh.gif

Whats it weigh? anyone know?

Paul
URY914
The fuel cell sitting up there is a little odd, IMO.

Maybe he doesn't use a pump and it is gravity fed? confused24.gif

Paul
Mueller
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 6 2005, 11:37 PM)
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Mar 6 2005, 11:34 PM)
dig the trailer -- look at the wheels  :trophy:

a fitting end for cookie cutters.... laugh.gif

why not use POS design 90 wheels.... ar15.gif unsure.gif

to use the design 90 rims, he'd need spacers, but most importantly, the design 90s are 16" rims, so tire selection is limited if running "trailer" tires, if running regular tires, you have to be concerned about the OD of the tires, not many people want the height of the trailer to be too high, makes loading/unloading a PITA....sure you can run some low profile tires, but you increase your chances of tire or rim damage from potholes and such.....
914efi
Everybody dumps on them, but I really like the D90 wheels (on the right cars). Is there something wrong with them, or is it just preference on looks?

Sorry to get this off thread a bit.
Mueller
QUOTE (914efi @ Mar 7 2005, 08:30 AM)
Everybody dumps on them, but I really like the D90 wheels (on the right cars). Is there something wrong with them, or is it just preference on looks?

Sorry to get this off thread a bit.

I test fitted a set of chrome 90's on a black stock bodied 914, they looked okay, but not good enough to keep, so I sold the rims....too flat in my opinion....a few weeks ago I saw a GT flared 914 with 90's and it looked terrible...they rims are nice and light so mabey depending on the color of the car, the color of the rims and how lowered the car is or something, they might look better....
airsix
QUOTE (URY914 @ Mar 7 2005, 05:43 AM)
Looks heavy laugh.gif

Whats it weigh? anyone know?

Paul

A few years ago he had a webpage documenting the build. The comment "Not much 912 left" isn't quite right. It would be more accurate to say "There was very little 912 to start with." As I remember he built a tube-chassis from scratch and when it was done he dropped the 912 skin over the top of it. I don't mean that in a negative way. Some will object. I don't. I think it's cool. Notice the relationship between the body and the wheels. No way you could do that with the stock suspension. The fuel cell isn't mounted very high - the body is just mounted really low. biggrin.gif

-Ben M.
Mueller
are those dual carbs sitting under the rear window??

I'd like to know if he has any issues with the drive for the supercharger? The belts look pretty small...any idea what boost he is getting??
Trekkor
Yep, dual 2BBL's in the window.

He took the front hood off just before I shot the pics.
Nice custom suspension up front. He uses a 911 rear bar inverted.

What are "90" wheels?

The motor wasn't running so he never took it off the trailer. mad.gif

KT
URY914
Looks like the bottom of the cell is about at the centerline of the front axle. Sorta high for my tastes.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.