Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 Engine Pic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
gfg3
Does anyone have a photo of a bone stock '75 1.8L FI engine as it is installed in the car? I've searched through most all the threads and unless I'm blind (which may be entirely possible) I can't find one. Anyone?

George
DRPHIL914
Not sure it would help, I took a few of my recent purchase and it looks fairly original, one very dirty. But I also would like to see clean original pictures
gfg3
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Oct 11 2015, 09:40 PM) *

Not sure it would help, I took a few of my recent purchase and it looks fairly original, one very dirty. But I also would like to see clean original pictures

Even a picture of an original dirty '75 1.8 FI engine bay would help me at this point. If you have one, that would be great. Thanks. But, I would still like to see a photo of a clean original if anyone out there has one.

George
DRPHIL914
Here is one
DRPHIL914
One more. I'll take another of the other side as well
DRPHIL914
3 another
DRPHIL914
Battery has been moved in this car to trunk
DRPHIL914
Who can tell me what this green,black wire is coming off wiring just under where the ecu would be mounted, at hell hole area?
gfg3
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Oct 12 2015, 08:50 AM) *

Who can tell me what this green,black wire is coming off wiring just under where the ecu would be mounted, at hell hole area?

Thanks for the photos. They actually help a lot. I can't really help on the electrical connections yet - I'm still sorting out the vacuum hookups - and I have wiring harness issues of my own. BUT those wires look to be connected to the dual relay that hooks up the ECU FI wiring with other functions. Maybe someone like Jeff Bowlsby might be able to help you out with the details.

George
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(gfg3 @ Oct 12 2015, 09:47 AM) *

Thanks for the photos. They actually help a lot. I can't really help on the electrical connections yet - I'm still sorting out the vacuum hookups - and I have wiring harness issues of my own. BUT those wires look to be connected to the dual relay that hooks up the ECU FI wiring with other functions. Maybe someone like Jeff Bowlsby might be able to help you out with the details.

George

I just took a look at my other car-75 d-jet and it appears to go back down thru tin under engine. I think it's the oil pressure or oil temp sender connection. I'll have to lift that car to see and trace it back .
Although dirty, the p.o. claims the car ran good prior to beginning the process of stripping it down to restore it. He quit with it pulled apart and wiring pulled in front. But the engine compartment looks to be untouched. I compared to a few drawings from Jeff site and it looks correct.
Good luck
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Oct 12 2015, 08:28 AM) *

George

I just took a look at my other car-75 d-jet and it appears to go back down thru tin under engine. I think it's the oil pressure or oil temp sender connection. I'll have to lift that car to see and trace it back .
Although dirty, the p.o. claims the car ran good prior to beginning the process of stripping it down to restore it. He quit with it pulled apart and wiring pulled in front. But the engine compartment looks to be untouched. I compared to a few drawings from Jeff site and it looks correct.
Good luck

yes Phil, my 75 1.8 FI for that green black wire is connected to the taco plate for oil temp.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Oct 12 2015, 11:54 AM) *

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Oct 12 2015, 08:28 AM) *

George

Good luck

Thanks
yes Phil, my 75 1.8 FI for that green black wire is connected to the taco plate for oil temp.

JeffBowlsby
biggrin.gif
gfg3
Perfect! Thank you very much, Jeff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.