3. Shift Rod
4. headers
5. Air cleaners with water sheds
6. Quick 6 mount
7. Factory Oil tank with goodies
8. All oil lines but some need replacing
9. Muffler
10. 911 tach
11. 6 new JE High Compression pistons (2.4)

All for $3300.00
Motor runs fine and was rebuilt a while back but needs a reseal as it is leaking in several places. All other parts are for 914/6

OK or am I missing something? blink.gif
Trekkor
BUY!, BUY!, BUY!

KT
markb
And so the saga begins......... biggrin.gif
Trekkor
the saga

Shall you say...SIX?

KT
markb
He just bought 2 cars to go with the project car, and now the project car gets a /6. Can I say green with envy?

The nice thing is, I think I'm gonna be seeing a lot of it before it actually gets on the road. dry.gif
hwgunner
markb, careful what you wish for! I may have to pay you with another project car though. Here is a pic of the second car. Runs like a scalded snake... not very fast but hugs the corners.
hwgunner
here is the other car markb mentioned.
Type 4
What year is the MBZ?
hwgunner
Not sure the year of the MBZ. This pic was taken at the shop of Kaptain Krusty in Santa Maria, Ca. I will ask when I see him tomorrow.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (hwgunner @ Mar 6 2005, 11:54 PM)
6. Quick 6 mount
11. 6 new JE High Compression pistons (2.4)

Motor runs fine and was rebuilt a while back but needs a reseal as it is leaking in several places.

sh!tcan the "quick 6" mount and get a good one from Rich Johnson.

the standard place for older 911's to leak oil is the #8 main bearing O-ring which requires a full teardown to replace. the oil line fitting on the case is another standard place, easier to fix with headers than HE's but it's still hard with the oil return tubes in place. fortunately, the oil return tubes is another traditional place for leaks so you may want to just replace those with expandable ones while the engine's out. (oh - nevermind - you'll be doing a top-end to replace the pistons - you can use OEM tubes...). if you're pulling the cylinders i'd replace the rod bearings too...

you won't get full bang for your buck from the pistons without a cam change (assuming it's a T-spec engine...) you can probably go to E's with no issues, or early S if you check piston interference.
markb
The MBZ has a blown motor. Don't know what the owner has decided to do with it.

If you're looking for an older MBZ, I have a 64 300SE I'd like to sell. Very rusty underneath, and is missing a front valve for the air suspension, but otherwise all there.
markb
BTW, Jonathan, Marcie says I have enough cars. Cash only! lol2.gif

But I'm sure we can work something out.......... wink.gif
TravisNeff
That sounds like a pretty good deal, what about the flywheel?
mike_the_man
Sounds like an awful deal. Just give me the name and number, and I'll deal with it for you. I'm sure you don't want the headaches of a 6 conversion. wink.gif

Damn it, how come I can never find these good deals!

hwgunner
As far as I know that clutch and Flywheel are taken care of because it is an early motor and is the same as the brandnew ones I put on my 1.7 about 1000 miles ago. Tell me if I am wrong.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (hwgunner @ Mar 7 2005, 01:08 PM)
As far as I know that clutch and Flywheel are taken care of because it is an early motor and is the same as the brandnew ones I put on my 1.7 about 1000 miles ago. Tell me if I am wrong.

there is NO WAY a 914/4 flywheel will fit a /6 engine.

914.6 flywheels are stilll available. you can also use a 911 flywheel; if you do, life will be much simpler if you transfer the timing marks to the flywheel (where they are on the 914.6 version)
TravisNeff
Well that looks like a smoking deal. if you bought new conversion parts that would bring you up close to the total cost of that package deal, not to mention new pistons which add a ton more buxx...
Root_Werks
Sounds to me like there is going to be another 914 converted to a six. biggrin.gif cool.gif
theol00
go for it - looks like a great deal - welcome to the 6 converted!
beer.gif
Joe Bob
Kennedy Engineered Products will make a you a NEW flywheel CHEAP and has the correct clutch and pp/to parts....
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Type 4 @ Mar 6 2005, 10:54 PM)
What year is the MBZ?

1966. In for a crankshaft, maybe a complete overhaul. The Cap'n
hwgunner
Thanks everyone for the info. Called the guy and gently asked if the Clutch and flywheel were still on the motor and he said yes. Since it came out of a running 6 conversion I guess that just makes it a better deal.
Joe Bob
BTW...I have a bunch of extra conversion fittinggs for the oil lines left over....if ya come south one day, look me up. Trade, cash, beer....whatever.
Jeffs9146
The MBZ has a blown motor. Don't know what the owner has decided to do with it.

There is a '66 230s down the street from me that is screaming for a buyer! Maybe it has the parts they need?? It has been sitting for a long time!

Jeff

IronHillRestorations
QUOTE (mike_the_man @ Mar 7 2005, 09:35 AM)
Sounds like an awful deal. Just give me the name and number, and I'll deal with it for you. I'm sure you don't want the headaches of a 6 conversion. wink.gif

agree.gif

Better yet, forward the info to MMEEE!

Forget all this six talk and build you a $6500 big four! Then you have a..... big four.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.