Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I raced, I raced!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Skid
I went to my first auto cross today and WOW, it was a blast. My car drove like a boat driving.gif (no swaybars) but even then it was one of the funnest things I've ever done. Me and my dad shared the car and he beat my time by about half a second confused24.gif . I'll get him next time. I think i'm hooked. by the way, if anyone has a complete front swaybar ava. I am still looking.

Chase
Skid
The BOAT

Trekkor
Good for you!

No turning back now.

KT
markb
Nice boat! Congrats. The fun is just beginning, now.
Skid
I wish I had brought my camera, you should have seen the body roll, thought I was going to give my door handles road rash. What a blast though, I was amazed at how tired and winded I was after a run. I think I must have held my breath during the runs. I didnt have the fastest time of the day by any means but I am happy to say that I beat a guy in a newish 993 (great looking car). It was a good day.

Chase
Trekkor
Yep, a year ago, I was you. cool_shades.gif

KT
Joe Ricard
So tell us about the orange boat....
When you get time fill in the information in your profile. see "my controls"
Yup I started in August last year. done like 8 events now. I'm so hooked I had to get my own cones and set them up in the high school parking lot yesterday. working on trail braking.

My son did his 1st event last month he too is hooked.. How often does a 18 yr old hear these words. "Hey heres the keys to my Porsche go drive it as fast as you want"

Lou W
Great job. smilie_pokal.gif
d914
just took out a 15mm sway bar. Pay for shipping and its yours... You will still need the hardware, down links and tabs for the control arms if not present. Someone had a complete set up for sale, check the classifieds..

way too go..
GaroldShaffer
welcome to the madness. I was you a year ago. Now I'm up t o my chin and enjoy every bit of it. driving.gif
Skid
The Boat is a 74 1.8 FI with 6.5" fuchs, No tricky stuff here, bone stock aktion035.gif (minus the wheels). Cant wait to upgrade suspension and motor, then it will be even better than it is. rolleyes.gif
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (Skid @ Mar 7 2005, 09:15 PM)
Cant wait to upgrade suspension and motor, then it will be even better than it is. rolleyes.gif

So what do ya'll think is he bit by the race bug or what? Let the project begin. Remember never put your car on 4 jack stands. It will never come off.
SteveSr
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Mar 8 2005, 04:29 AM)
Let the project begin. Remember never put your car on 4 jack stands. It will never come off.

agree.gif .....Two years and counting...... sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif

SteveSr
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.