Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm in the mode again
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
For those who followed my 914-6 conversion project and kept asking for updates... well, I didn't do much for a long time... between moving, hurricanes, and getting pissed off about the paint job... I just needed to sit on it.

Well, I'm in 914 project mode again... I spent about 8 hours today in the garage.. .(half the time was spent organizing my crap and organizing all my parts).

I did some work to the shell. Nicked a lot of paint.

It's getting redone soon.

For those that want updates... check my BLOG...

rick 918-S
I see what you mean about the nicks. Nice to see your back at it.
Trekkor
Which front bar are you running?
It looks a lot like mine.

KT
Qarl
It is like yours - Smart Racing bar
914Timo
Glad to see you are back.

I cant wait to see new updates aktion035.gif
watsonrx13
Glad to see you back working on the car. Hopefully you can make the next Tampa Bay 914 breakfast.... Good luck and keep going....
Bleyseng
You should get some rubber wrenches so you don't chip the paint. Miles sells them.

'bout time you got going again!

Geoff
Doug Leggins
Make sure to get some of the left over paint from you painter to use for touch up. You'll need it.... Hopefully it will be needed only for small nicks in not highly visible places.

A tip that my painter gave me. - Run a bolt through all mounting nuts/nut plates that have paint on them prior to trying to install a part. This was great advice. It is much easier to install a part when the threads are clean. And less likelihood of cross threading.
KevinP
Karl,

Who is doing your paint work? Are you havng it done in south Orlando? I'm looking for a paint shop now. Theres nothing up here in Edgewood that I would use.

KP

mike_the_man
It's about time! biggrin.gif

Nice to see you back at it Qarl. When completed, your car may be one of the nicest teeners out there!

iamchappy
Qarl I dont get it, why are your assembling things when your just going to have to remove it all again. screwy.gif
iamchappy
I know its fun, but stop it right now, you have to wait.........Get it repainted, and I will help you
assemble it in a couple of weeks.
Qarl
I am assembling things now, so that I have no surprises when it comes back. For example, I drilled the swaybar holes when the car was at the last body shop. I mocked everything up yesterday and some things were off, so I redrilled a few holes.

I also didn't have the Camp914 shock kit when the car was first painted.

This way, when I get the car back, I won't have to drill more holes in fresh paint, or nick any new paint.

I guess you can ask the guys at Orange County Choppers why the assemble their bikes before disassembling them and sending them to get painted and chromed!

tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.