Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 914-6 Race car found! 9140430566
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Fubawu
Hi

I have been a lurker here for a while and currently have a 1970 914-6 GT well I guess now I have two. Spend most of my time on the bird. A few days ago I got word of a "real 914-6" in a barn just outside Toronto. Turns out it was true.

The car has been a race car most of its life though still has a proper title and street registration. After speaking with the owner I got a little more information. Turns out he bought the car in the mid 80's as a race car and used up until the mid 90's. I have the log books to verify. Raced in Ontario and Michigan. I asked him about the history
prior to his ownership and he looked puzzled "Nobody cared about that in 80's" I felt kind of dumb for asking.

Serial number 9140430566 has lived a hard life. Fiberglass GT kit was installed at some point and has seen better days. The engine is a 2.7 built by Rudy Bartling. It was built on a 1970 911E case 6109755 Weber Carbs, S cams, high comp pistons. Owner claimed it has 18 hours and the log book seems to back that up.

The engine and chassis are covered in a thick layer of grime and the car has typical rust issue under the battery tray and floor pans. Frame area and front pan are very solid. Car also has it's original 901 transmission which was rebuilt with the motor.
As it stands now I am not sure what to do with it. I can turn the wrenches left and right but a lot of the work is over my head. Positives are Race history albeit small or unknown, Low hour Engine and 6 chassis. Part of me want to do a full refresh but the other part wants to spend that time on my other 914-6 and sell this??

Looking forward to getting involved with this forum, I have attached pictures of my current race cars. Files are too big, I will add more on the next post

Cheers
John
Fubawu
One more pic
Fubawu
The other two 1971 911S and 1970 914-6 GT ex Bartling car
scotty b
VERY cool find !!!

http://www.beck904.com/sales/

mellow.gif
madmax914
Great Car, great history, congrats on your barn find!

More pictures is always a plus for us.
iwanta914-6
Interesting that it's already in the VIN registry.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...mp;viewid=10656
Fubawu
Thanks guys

I posted on the bird and there are more pictures.Also someone posted old for sale adds from 79 and 85

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914...tml#post8829410
SirAndy
QUOTE(Fubawu @ Oct 9 2015, 02:27 PM) *
I posted on the bird

Man, i really hate those Ads in every damn post ...
dry.gif

PS: welcome.png
pete000
Keep the pictures coming !
siverson
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 9 2015, 03:49 PM) *

Well you should go start your own site then!!! smile.gif

-Steve

EdwardBlume
That /6 is so damn cool. Really. drooley.gif

AND

welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(siverson @ Oct 9 2015, 05:12 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 9 2015, 03:49 PM) *

Well you should go start your own site then!!! smile.gif

-Steve

Love this site. Thanks again Andy aktion035.gif
Fubawu
Thanks for the compliments ! A bit of work
needs to go into it I'm going to try and look it
over this weekend.
Fubawu
Here are a few pics. I got a chance to go over the car
a bit more. Front and rear trunks are in very good shape
Fenders are salvageable and bumpers are not worth saving.
Floor pans would be easier to replace then re work. All in
all it is a little better then I initial thought.

I also found an lot tire temp/ pressure slip
in the door. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.