Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to Get Keys?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Spoke
Where can I get ignition keys besides AA or PP? I have only one and just noticed that its dangerously cracked. Can these be obtained locally? I tried my local Ace hardware and they didn't carry it. VW dealer? Porsche dealer? The key that I have is a generic key made by Taylor key number A81-M. Sorry, no pics, %^$# digital camera died.

Thanks,
Spoke
Qarl
We dont' know what a key looks like!

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

sj914
A competant locksmith have or can get the blanks and make keys from a couple dollars to 30 to get the new key back to factory depths.
Dave_Darling
Yup. The Porsche dealer should have key blanks for sale, and you can get generic equivalents from other places, like Doc & Cy's or probably us (Pelican). (I got some from D&C at a swap meet before the Pelican days.) You can also get ones that work at most local locksmith's or even at some hardware stores.

--DD
charlesmac
If the key does break?! you can take the vin # to the porsche dealer and they can get one made from it. Ask me how i found out. rolleyes.gif
TROJANMAN
had the local lock smith make one for $3.23
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.