Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is this car worth
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Type 47
Sorry no pics...I should have snapped a cell phone pic but didn't think about it when I saw it with a for sale sign on a local import car repair place.

it is a 71 (3/70 on the build sticker) that is bright yellow. A 2 owner car, which was originally purchased at Vasek Polak in CA, it has been in MO for at least 9 years always garaged.

only rust is in hell hole, rear trunk looks awesome all of the original pads/carpet is there. car has had one repaint that was a quicky coat.

car looks like it has spent the last 40 years used but kept in a garage. Hell hole has rust metal is thin but no holes.

it looks like it was upgraded (at least the front) with 73' chrome bumpers.

the 1.7 started right up with the original FI

interior is rough but not trashed, restorable.

it's just that all the rubber, wires, & stuff is 40 years old.

They are asking $9k
mepstein
$5-6k if the longs and suspension console are solid. - my opinion.
914Sixer
Probably a $4-$5K car. Going to cost the difference in repair and parts of the $9K to get it the asking value.
old dog
I'm curious how a build date of 3/70 turns out to be a 71 ? What was the vin ? A first year car ( 1970 ) with little rust and sold at Vasek , is easily worth 5-6k in my opinion. Have you seen what people are selling these things for in CA ? It's insane and taking all the fun out of it.
EdwardBlume
I don't think a 3/70 is a 71. If it is a 3/70 I may be interested if you pass.
Type 47
I have to go to LA for work tomorrow...I will give the shop a call and verify the VIN
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.