Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: speed bleeders - are awesome /
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
I can not believe I waited this long to buy a set for my car. I need to get a second set for my other 914 too.

well, I finally know what all the fuss is about SPEED BLEEDERS. they are as awesome as everyone says and they should be on every car. if for no other reason that they have a larger hex on them and they seat in REALLY nice.

I raised the rear when bleeding the rear and front vice versa. and as per rtowle I added 2 drops of food color red to fluid to be sure I bled my lines completely. I found it took about 20-30 pumps of the peddle to fully clear out all old fluid. thus you can see pinkish fluid in my reservoir. I used only one qt to do the entire car BUT bought 3 expecting to need more (DOT4).

I just bled all 4 calipers and my peddle felt nice and high once done. I think I have a lingering problem in that my pads were never really bedded in properly.
rhodyguy
they work swell. i use a long clear piece of tubing to the catch jar so i can sit in the drivers seat and look for air bubbles. the food coloring is a slick trick too.
jimkelly
jar at drivers door, great idea. I will use that next time. I think it is good to clip the tube coming out of caliper up high to fender well so that bubbles leaving caliper can rise immediately after leaving caliper and not return, then to catch can/jar.

bought 12" tubing at ACE and pic of tubing connected to a NON speed bleeder.

ref:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;hl=food+color
screenguy914
FYI, there's always a chance of tearing a MC seal when using the brake pedal to move fluid through the system. As an option, merely connect the tubing to the factory bleeder valve, open it and allow air bubbles to escape rise vertically in the tube (gravity bleeding). This effectively bleeds air from the system, minimizes the need for bleeding accessories and reduces the odds of replacing the MC.

Click to view attachment

Sherwood
screenguy914
FYI, there's always a chance of tearing a MC seal when using the brake pedal to move fluid through the system. As an option, merely connect the tubing to the factory bleeder valve, open it and allow air bubbles to escape rise vertically in the tube (gravity bleeding). This effectively bleeds air from the system, minimizes the need for bleeding accessories and reduces the odds of replacing the MC.

Click to view attachment

Sherwood
jimkelly
I never had anything bad to say about pelican before but I just ordered 2 more pair of speed bleeders but this time I rcvd 2 packs of 1 ea, instead of pairs. looks like bleeding will have to wait another week dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.