Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: quick wiring question - signal buckets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Stupid me, I remove my front signal buckets and didn't take notes as to which wire went to which terminal. headbang.gif its only three wires, but I don't play quess the wire..... Anyone give me quick wire color code to which terminal. Terminals are marked 57, 31, BL

Thanks!

PS what a pain in the bootyshake.gif trying to get your hand in there to hook up the wire. I can't see sh!t wacko.gif
scruz914
Do you have European lenses? The US diagram shows 58 and 49l/49r (31 should be ground, brn wire). 58 are the running lights - grey/red wire on the right, grey/brn on the left -also goes to the side marker.

49 are signals - blk/grn right, blk/wht left - these come from the turn stalk. I have Euros on my car and I sort of remember that they didn't match the US diagrams.

Connect brn to 31 and blk/wht to the BL (I am guessing that BL is signal) and try the signal. Worst you can do is blow a fuse.

13 on the diagram are the turn signals and parking lights in the diagram:
Pelican wiring diagram

-Jeff
GaroldShaffer
Yep, I got euro lenses. I check Pelican also and just came in from the garage and you are right. Thanks!
Dave_Darling
Remember, you can always use your ohmmeter (continuity tester) to see which terminals are which. Remove the bulb from the socket, and then test each lug on the back of the socket with each of the "tabs" inside the socket. You'll see two down there (if it's a US housing at least!), and the side of the housing is the ground.

As long as you get the brown wire hooked up to the tab that connects to the side of the housing, everything will be fine. It doesn't matter much which of the other two wires goes where, as they are just activating one filament in the dual-filament bulb or the other. (Unless one is brighter than the other? I don't think it is, but....)

Use the same ohmmeter trick on the side-marker light housing.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.