Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Late Handbrake Lever
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
RazorbackFan78
Looking for a good used handbrake lever, for a 73. Thx.
stevegm
I probably have one. What years will work?
TheCabinetmaker
I have one from a 75 Matt. Same as yours. $ 20.00 OK?
RazorbackFan78
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Oct 11 2015, 08:52 PM) *

I have one from a 75 Matt. Same as yours. $ 20.00 OK?

You betcha Curt! I was taking a closer look at mine and I just don't trust it. Looks like the PO welded in some washers to replace the metal that rusted away. Now the washers are rusted through too. Paypal incoming.
RazorbackFan78
QUOTE(stevegm @ Oct 11 2015, 08:47 PM) *

I probably have one. What years will work?

Stevegm (or anyone else reading)- would you mind checking? Curt decided his were too far gone to sell so I'm still looking for a handbrake lever. I believe any 73 or later lever should fit. Thnx!
RazorbackFan78
*bump* I'm still on the hunt for a good used handbrake lever.
stevegm
I am sure I have one. Let me check.
RazorbackFan78
**BUMP**
TheCabinetmaker
Matt, I'm amazed that an e brake handle is so hard to find. I guess they are all like mine. Rusted! They are in a vulnerable place.
RazorbackFan78
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Oct 23 2015, 06:41 AM) *

Matt, I'm amazed that an e brake handle is so hard to find. I guess they are all like mine. Rusted! They are in a vulnerable place.

Me too. I might have to buy NOS option. Here's a pic of mine. You can't tell from the photo but on the inside of the lever the PO had welded on a washer or two to try and repair it. It's rusting through so I don't trust it to hold the car on an incline.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.