914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
didn't a member here run this event?
Trekkor
I'm watching, too.

If it's the orange 914-6 hill climber, I'll be happy. biggrin.gif

KT
i love porsche
i watched the 2003 one a while ago...i hope to run this in the touring class with the teener eventually...it looks like a great experience
Trekkor
This is our guy...

Haven't seen him on Speed , yet.

KT
riverman
Isn't that orange car from Australia? I thought I saw a post he did a while ago about a hill climb Down Under. Or maybe he travels the world with his car in tow and drives in all these neato events.
davep
Doug is correct.
I don't think we will see Howard R in Newfoundland anytime soon.
aveale
I actually thought of running this.

They have two classes that use the same routes. The all out speed one and the other one that is "speed,time,distance" (?) which is supposed to be fun.

It costs about $4k to enter and you still have to get your gear out there.

If i get the bucket running well enough to pass an inspection look for me on Speed TV!

Check it out.....

T

http://www.targanewfoundland.com/
balljoint
I have driven through that Province before. Seriously gorgeous scenery, friendly people with great accents. Unfortunately I had to drive it in a rental minivan. Shudder.

Love to see more 914s out there "my trout".
TimT
I actually thought of running this.

me too, the price of entry is kind of steep, and I need to get a navigator.

or can you run it solo?

Downunderman
I'd love to do the event and looked at it last year, but the cost of getting the car there was outrageous; about A$5K each if I got 2 other cars to go in a container and it would take 5 weeks for them to get there. Then add entry fee another A$5K and airfares from the other side of the world for 2, another A$6K (flying economy) and a bit of beer money, etc, etc, and the end result is about A$20K (US$16K), so I canned the idea.
riverman
QUOTE (balljoint @ Mar 7 2005, 04:10 PM)
I have driven through that Province before. Seriously gorgeous scenery, friendly people with great accents. Unfortunately I had to drive it in a rental minivan. Shudder.

Love to see more 914s out there "my trout".

I'ze da bye the builds the Porsche,
I'ze da bye that drives 'er,
I'ze da bye that wins the loot,
And brings 'er home to Lizer.
balljoint
QUOTE (Howard R @ Mar 7 2005, 05:34 PM)
I'd love to do the event and looked at it last year, but the cost of getting the car there was outrageous; about A$5K each if I got 2 other cars to go in a container and it would take 5 weeks for them to get there. Then add entry fee another A$5K and airfares from the other side of the world for 2, another A$6K (flying economy) and a bit of beer money, etc, etc, and the end result is about A$20K (US$16K), so I canned the idea.

You could hook up with a Canadian 914 and do it that way. Then you are looking at airfare, split entry fee and beer money. AND, because you are sharing the driving/navigating you can drink beer some of the time while you're on the road. Navigators get to drink don't they? That should be a rule.
Downunderman
At these type events both crew get breath tested on the line before starting each day and must register 0.00 or they are out. so you have to be careful when recreating in the evening.
davep
If you decided to get serious, then I can introduce you to a friend that has run in a previous event.

Mantis
balljoint
QUOTE (Howard R @ Mar 8 2005, 02:36 PM)
At these type events both crew get breath tested on the line before starting each day and must register 0.00 or they are out. so you have to be careful when recreating in the evening.

Of course. That is the way it should be. Maybe I needed to add a rolleyes.gif to the previous post.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.