Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help Identifying this engine number
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cairo94507
Hello, this is the engine I bought and had rebuilt for my Six. It is reportedly an '89 3.2, according to the seller Ben Merman (Pelican member). The serial number is 9301061024R. (Hoping that is the actual engine number and not the type number)

I am asking to verify the engine's heritage because Hartmut at Palo Alto Speedometer is working to make sure the speedo will work in my car since we swapped in a later electronic speedo. So can anyone decipher that engine number?

Thanks,
Michael
EdwardBlume
I'm not sure that's an engine number. Reminds me of the earlier engine half casing number.
EdwardBlume
Its a fan housing number off a 3.2
Cairo94507
That's what I suspected. I have sent a PM to Scotty to send me the engine serial number. Thanks guys.
scotty b
*64H04538* smile.gif
mepstein
But the speedo drive is on the trans so I don't think the engine year will matter.
Cairo94507
OK- Thanks to Scotty for the engine number and Mark for posting the chart. It is a '87 3.2. OK- should be fine. Given that the seller misrepresented several other issues re the engine, I had started to wonder about the year too. '87 is cool though.
Thanks guys.
Michael
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.