Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2016 Planning
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
I wanted to follow up on this as it will be here sooner than you think and I know a few of us have to plan vacation in advance. Jamie had made mention of doing something, I know the wives had talked about helping out, where are we at on this?
ConeDodger
Where are we? White City. evilgrin.gif
wes
To funny I was just wondering about this Sunday, will be hard to beat this past event!
JRust
Anyone know the PCA Parade dates? I've got a tentative plan. Just narrowing down dates. I've heard parade being like first week in June? I don't want to plan it the same week. It will be last week of may 26-29 or June 16-19
Mikey914
Agreed no need to schedule a conflict. White city works well so does the PDX area. There was talk of both. I'm in Medford all the time so either way works for me. I actually have a good hotel (my home away from home), that I can get us a good deal on in Medford if we go that way.

Regardless of where we have I would like to set up an autocross "event" for at least a 1/2 day.
jim_hoyland
The 2016 Porsche Parade in Jay, Vermont is scheduled for June 17 - June 26
I'll volunteer to make the name tags; I have a template from last year. I'll PM with particulars.

Good idea to nail down a date now.
Andyrew
That would be great for me, my parents just got a big place in Eagle Point just next to White City.

I'm totally down for a 1/2 or full autox day.
JRust
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Oct 12 2015, 12:04 PM) *

That would be great for me, my parents just got a big place in Eagle Point just next to White City.

If we can get the track it would be for the day. Problem with the track is we can't get a date until next year. If we can't get the track I don't plan to do it in White City. I have some cool drive's around Eugene & may do it somewhere close to here. I just hate having the limbo the track in White City creates sad.gif . I would love to do it though
Mikey914
I like the full day, but the wives get bored after about 4 hours, so if we set up early enough we can get 5 hours or so pretty easy.
Mark
aircooledtechguy
Half day/full day it doesn't matter to me. But I would prefer a full day. . .

Anyone who missed the last WCR here in 2011, this is your chance to not miss out again. It was awesome!!!

montoya 73 2.0
Sounds good to me also.

You will need to contact the "Siskiyou Sports Car club" for the use of the "white city Kart track (Southern Oregon Karters)", unless they have changed the process.

The Kart track is owned by the county and they lease it to the "Southern Oregon Karters" club. The Kart club then Sub-let to the "Siskiyou Sports Car" club to use it for their events, The 2 clubs don't get together till December for the track scheduling. I had spoken (2011) to the car club and verified that they didn't have any events on the date we had picked and then did the same with the Kart club. So it was tentative until December-ish when they hammered out the schedule. The thing is that the Kart guys made us go through the Car club because of Insurance reasons and we paid to use their equipment and a few of their people.

PM me for further details.

WCR 2011 Event Pictures

Might be able to get some more beer too!!

Klamath Basin Brewing Company
ConeDodger
QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 12 2015, 02:33 PM) *

Anyone know the PCA Parade dates? I've got a tentative plan. Just narrowing down dates. I've heard parade being like first week in June? I don't want to plan it the same week. It will be last week of may 26-29 or June 16-19

With the Parade being in Vermont, the likely hood of this being a conflicting choice for any of us is almost nil... I wouldn't worry about it.

Form your committee and I'll ask Mark to create a planning forum in private for you... evilgrin.gif
Mikey914
I just wanted to make sure it was moving forward. Jamie, if I recall you were the one that stepped up. I don't want to step on your toes, but I know the wives were talking about planning, and it sounded like it went back and forth. I just wanted to support the effort or take the lead if it's up in the air. I'm good either way.
Mark
EdwardBlume

my parents just got a big place in Eagle Point just next to White City.

Room for 200?
shoguneagle
Just let me know when, where, what, how you want my help. I can get involved in helping out at the event, etc. I live in Grants Pass which is about 20 miles away.

not to sidetrack the thread, but Andyrew - hello and great to hear your parents have a place at Eagle Point.

Just let me know the date, eval.

Steve Hurt
Larmo63
"the wives get bored after about 4 hours"

Don't bring them?

**ducks** hide.gif
greenie
QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 12 2015, 10:10 AM) *

If we can get the track it would be for the day. Problem with the track is we can't get a date until next year. If we can't get the track I don't plan to do it in White City. I have some cool drive's around Eugene & may do it somewhere close to here. I just hate having the limbo the track in White City creates sad.gif . I would love to do it though

The entire WCR 2011 event was great but that little track was the highpoint for most of us.
Get the track again!!! smilie_pokal.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(greenie @ Oct 12 2015, 08:53 PM) *

The entire WCR 2011 event was great but that little track was the highpoint for most of us.

Oh damn... There goes the neighborhood. Curt found out about it... lol-2.gif av-943.gif laugh.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(greenie @ Oct 12 2015, 05:53 PM) *

Will you be defending your trophy ?
hndyhrr
I am in Central Point, any help I can give , just let me know.
nine9three
http://patsacres.com/
ben*james
I'm in for the event and helping out!

If you haven't had experience on a track, can you still play or is there experience requirement?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(ben*james @ Oct 13 2015, 09:45 AM) *

If you haven't had experience on a track, can you still play or is there experience requirement?

You must have enough experience to possess a drivers license... evilgrin.gif
TC 914-8
Just caught the thread, I'm interested !!!
ben*james
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 13 2015, 07:53 AM) *

QUOTE(ben*james @ Oct 13 2015, 09:45 AM) *

You must have enough experience to possess a drivers license... evilgrin.gif

Does it have to be your drivers license?... happy11.gif

I'm pumped, can't wait! piratenanner.gif beer.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 12 2015, 06:32 PM) *

C'mon Jim; don't encourage him!! poke.gif av-943.gif

I thought I had wiped my @$$ with this but found it in my glove box the other day. I laughed like it was yesterday. . . Greenie put one of these on EVERY CAR IN THE PARKING LOT at the hotel *just* to be sure everyone knew. . . lol-2.gif av-943.gif

Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
Just a thought; between Washington, Oregon, and Northern California, shouldn't the WCR attract 100 entrants ? The 2005 WCR in Camarillo has about 100...it could be done again.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 14 2015, 08:06 PM) *

Just a thought; between Washington, Oregon, and Northern California, shouldn't the WCR attract 100 entrants ? The 2005 WCR in Camarillo has about 100...it could be done again.

Anyone who wants to put that kind of pressure on the planning committee must want to plan the 2017 event? confused24.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 14 2015, 05:06 PM) *

WCR 2005 was also the only WCR to have an actual race track day... And SERIOUS amounts of sponsors, and an amazing set of hosts...

I say we need another full race track day.. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
Planning forum is up. Anyone wanting to be a part of planning WCR 2016, PM Jamie Rust for the password to the forum...
mrfourteen
WCR?
Western Corn Root Worm?
World Coffee Research?
World Classic Rockers?
Women Chefs and Restaurateurs?
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(mrfourteen @ Oct 14 2015, 10:08 PM) *

WCR?
Western Corn Root Worm?
World Coffee Research?
World Classic Rockers?
Women Chefs and Restaurateurs?

West Coast Ramble
914work
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Oct 14 2015, 08:27 PM) *

WCR 2005 was also the only WCR to have an actual race track day... And SERIOUS amounts of sponsors, and an amazing set of hosts...

agree.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(914werke @ Oct 15 2015, 09:34 AM) *

agree.gif

Now you just need someone with Howard's connections or, say $20K they're willing to pay for the track time. confused24.gif
rhodyguy
Howard was the master of the 'deal'. Using the event in camirillo(?) for comparison sets the bar pretty high resulting in unrealistic expectations. I look forward to a fun time in Oregon.
greenie
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Oct 14 2015, 07:03 AM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 12 2015, 06:32 PM) *

C'mon Jim; don't encourage him!! poke.gif av-943.gif

I thought I had wiped my @$$ with this but found it in my glove box the other day. I laughed like it was yesterday. . . Greenie put one of these on EVERY CAR IN THE PARKING LOT at the hotel *just* to be sure everyone knew. . . lol-2.gif av-943.gif

Click to view attachment

Thanks Nate, that really takes me back.

It really was an EPIC run by #88 (me). smilie_pokal.gif
Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
You should stop screwing around and install some ANTI-sway bars.
Andyrew
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 15 2015, 08:34 AM) *

QUOTE(914werke @ Oct 15 2015, 09:34 AM) *

agree.gif

Now you just need someone with Howard's connections or, say $20K they're willing to pay for the track time. confused24.gif

If we can get Trekkor back on the board he might be able to secure Infineon.. He's got big IN's with that track...

Last time we piggybacked on a PCA track day at Willows. PCA raced on the full track and the 914 club raced on the streets of willow... It was probably the most 914's racing at the same track in one day in a long long time...
Elliot Cannon

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 14 2015, 05:06 PM) *

Not true. We also had a race track day at the Streets of Willow during the year Joe Sharp organized the WCR.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 15 2015, 11:09 AM) *

Howard was the master of the 'deal'. Using the event in camirillo(?) for comparison sets the bar pretty high resulting in unrealistic expectations. I look forward to a fun time in Oregon.

I think Howard coerced every business in Westlake Village to donate door prizes. It took about two hours to give everything away. And the In n Out burger truck chowtime.gif was pure genius. laugh.gif
rhodyguy
Paramount ranch...I knew I had seen that place before. In just about every western show on tv from the 50s, 60s and 70s. Every day had multiple adventures. The nights were epic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.