Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1974 914 Needs a Good Home
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
totter
Our 1974 1.8 L Porsche 914 has been sitting in a barn for several years. It has had a number of upgrades, like a Web camshaft and we think it was bored out. Unfortunately, most upgrade details have been forgotten since the owner died.

Sometime before he died there was an electrical short causing the battery to lose its charge. Our hunt for the short were unsuccessful, but we suspect it's in the lights.

Now it's been years since it ran, so there's a lot more work to do. We're looking for someone to give it a good home.

UPDATE: As of 10/27/15 this car is still available!

Additional photos here. The car is stored in Centralia, WA.

$3,000 OBO
Click to view attachment

koozy
Interested. Would you PM me a set of photos from the rear trunk, front trunk, engine compartment, under the battery tray area forward to the firewall and the interior please.

Thank you,

Mike
iwanta914-6
Could save a lot of time for yourself and others if you post all the pictures you may have in the thread instead of to each individual request. Just a thought.
totter
QUOTE(koozy @ Oct 13 2015, 07:07 AM) *

Interested. Would you PM me a set of photos from the rear trunk, front trunk, engine compartment, under the battery tray area forward to the firewall and the interior please.

Thank you,

Mike

Here's a link to more photos: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipN4DHk...0hGcW1UeUk4QVN3

If you'd like more, we can take some this weekend. Let me know.
totter
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Oct 13 2015, 07:46 AM) *

Could save a lot of time for yourself and others if you post all the pictures you may have in the thread instead of to each individual request. Just a thought.

Thanks for the suggestion. I added a photo link to the original post.
koozy
Thank you very much. Those look great. I am definitely interested. Would you please send me photos of the areas I indicated earlier and if possible the underside of the car in the front and along the rocker panels. Thank you. Oh, and if you see any areas of rust please photograph those for me too. I don't mind if it has some rust, I can do repairs with ease. That would not dissuade me from purchasing the car it just gives me an idea of what I need to do.
totter
QUOTE(koozy @ Oct 13 2015, 08:22 AM) *

Thank you very much. Those look great. I am definitely interested. Would you please send me photos of the areas I indicated earlier and if possible the underside of the car in the front and along the rocker panels. Thank you. Oh, and if you see any areas of rust please photograph those for me too. I don't mind if it has some rust, I can do repairs with ease. That would not dissuade me from purchasing the car it just gives me an idea of what I need to do.

Will do! I'll PM them to you Sunday or Monday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.