Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yellow Premier Porsche-bodied 914 For Sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FriarJohn
It's rare to find a 914 in Montana in any condition. It's even more rare to find one in good shape and running. I've only seen one other since I moved back here seven years ago, and it was already spoken for by a club member. Good thing, too, because I would probably have sold my soul to the bank to get that car.

So what do I find this morning on the way to work? A 914 of indeterminate year with a Premier Porsche body kit, five spoke aluminum wheels (much like those pictured below), bright (nigh retina-rupturing) yellow, gigantic aluminum rear wing barf.gif and cheesy vinyl flame graphics slap.gif. I peeked at the engine through the grill and it appears to be a stock engine, perhaps even with a single 2bbl Weber. So, its all looks and (likely) no-go.

This is the first time I've seen this body kit in person and, while quite dated, it doesn't look nearly as bad as I'd always envisioned. Lose the graphics, lower it a bit, put nicer wheels on it and lose the wing and it could be a looker. A Chevy V8 conversion wouldn't hurt, either.

I drove by the same location at lunch and it is indeed for sale. Not sure how much. Not really interested. Cars like this scare me. I'd be too paranoid about the quality of the work done on the body, especially after I saw what was underneath the bodywork of my first 914. sawzall-smiley.gif But if someone is interested I'd be happy to check it out and report back. Perhaps the workmanship is excellent.

Anyway, in case you were wondering, below is what the kit looks like (not a pic of the actual car). I took a couple shots with my phone. If they're decent I'll upload them when I get home tonight.

John
P.S. Unrelated:
1. The good news is that I still actually fit in a 914 (even with the top on). Long, boring, health-related story.
2. The bad news is that our only local media blasting shop is closing. Ratz.

user posted image
SirAndy
QUOTE (FriarJohn @ Mar 7 2005, 01:23 PM)
a Premier Porsche body kit

that looks more like the AIR kit ...

idea.gif Andy
FriarJohn
I could scan the original VW&Porsche article from the late 80s if you like. smile.gif
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Mar 7 2005, 01:26 PM)
QUOTE (FriarJohn @ Mar 7 2005, 01:23 PM)
a Premier Porsche body kit

that looks more like the AIR kit ...

idea.gif Andy

the Front end certainly looks like an AIR-kit,
but(t) certainly not the back end.

Scan, scan away!
URY914
NOT an AIR kit. Here a pic of another one.
FriarJohn
Yes. That's a much nicer example. aktion035.gif

What is it with that body kit and yellow? The vast majority are yellow (granted, from my subjective and limited experience). Second most popular color seems to be red. I think Jim Boemler had one (parts car, though) in white. I don't think I've ever seen one in black or silver or blue.
FriarJohn
Good thing I didn't buy my new phone for the camera...

user posted image

user posted image
SGB
It looks like fun-
put some monster V-8 (maybe nitrous too) and go out popping wheelies!
Wasn't there a Hot Wheels like this?

(not really)
red914
that car should be in Dino's driveway! once the parts car is gone, he'll have the room... sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif smash.gif

then break out the powder blue and orange paint and have at it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.