Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiberglass parts for my 914GT Conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jkb944t
I am looking at purchasing fiberglass front and rear bumpers plus the front valance and oil cooler shroud. These parts are for the Build-Off Challenge 914GT that I am working on.

It looks like QRS has these parts for a lot less than Getty but I wanted to get some recommendations regarding quality and any other opinions that I should consider.

Jeff B
76-914
I've been to his shop and checked out his product. Looks very well built. Many members here have used his products and will chime in shortly. He is a regular Joe, too!
rgalla9146
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 13 2015, 05:50 PM) *

I've been to his shop and checked out his product. Looks very well built. Many members here have used his products and will chime in shortly. He is a regular Joe, too!

Who's shop ?
Mike Bellis
QRS is good but I think AIR is better. John at AIR will sometimes give deals if you donate to his charity and the parts are thicker. My QRS bumper needed extra fiberglass added as it was so thin it flexed. The finish is good on both products.
jkb944t
Anyone have experience with Getty? Is it worth the extra money? I hadn’t considered AIR so that might be worth considering too.

For the parts I need it looks like list price from QRS is $670, AIR is $885 and Getty is $1116 which is a huge difference.

Jeff B
arkitect
IMHO why not go with QRS and add fiberglass if needed. You can buy alot of material for the difference in cost.

Dave
Sedonut
I tried buying parts from Getty.

Just a message on their phone. So I left a message. Then I sent an email after not being called back in a week. They replied by email a week later asking me a question. I answered immediately and never heard from them again. I wanted to buy their carbon fiber hood and bumpers. I asked if they made the bumpers in carbon fiber.

I don't think they wanted my business.
76-914
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Oct 13 2015, 02:55 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 13 2015, 05:50 PM) *

Who's shop ?

LOL, that would help, wouldn't it. QRS. They are just down the road from me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.