Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tire size
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jonnydaub
Gunna go get some new rubber on these rims i just got from blue6 tomorrow, was looking at getting low pros anyone know what sizes would fit? Dont want a bulky tire on them.
Jonnydaub
They are 15s
Mike Bellis
195/50's will fit on the rim but could rub depending on offset and how low your car is.
Mark Henry
195/65-15 would be closer to stock height, but with empi's that are really made for a bug you might have offset issues.

cip has a 185/65-15 tire
http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?Pr...de=ACC-C10-6720
DRPHIL914
When I had a set of those I ran 195/55 no rubbing issues, a bit smaller than stock but that sounds like it's what you are looking for
Dave_Darling
Check the backspace on the wheels. Put a straight-edge (or just a board!) across the back of the wheel, and measure how far from there to the mounting pad where the wheel sits against the hub. You want to see close to 5"; much less and you have Bug wheels and will have difficulty fitting anything much wider than 165s.

--DD
johannes
The safe and cheap choice would be 185/65/15
Speedo will be 5% off (is already off anyway).
mgp4591
I have similar Empi wheels but I'm not sure what the backspacing is or if they're for a Bug or a 914 but I run 205/65-15s in back with a little rub now and then and 195/60-15s in front with no problems there. I don't have a picture right off that is close up by my avatar is my car with those wheels. I think you'd be safe with 195/60-15 all around- I did mine as such to get the rake I wanted and I liked it for awhile. Now it's under reconstruction so wish me luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.