Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any "Ole" Boys near Mlps want to hang out?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
I'm in the Metro through Wednesday night. Anyone want to hit the Hooters or something? Tuesday or Wednesday? Got to hang with the work guys tonight.

I'll check back later. Send me a pm and I'll send you my cell #
Dave-O
Hey rick,
Wed. works well for me...i may even have a little 914 "adventure" if you're interested, i'll PM you the details.

David
rick 918-S
Sounds interesting! Maybe we can get Chappy to hang out too. How about Phoenix-MN. I'll bring my upholstry guy with. ( the one that did my Pasha seats) Send me a PM.
iamchappy
Wednesday, would be tuff for me unless you plan on hanging around past 9, My sons got confirmation till 8, I could hang after that.
I do like cold frosty ones and 914 fellowship. aktion035.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE (iamchappy @ Mar 7 2005, 04:40 PM)
Wednesday, would be tuff for me unless you plan on hanging around past 9, My sons got confirmation till 8, I could hang after that.
I do like cold frosty ones and 914 fellowship. aktion035.gif

Nothing is firmed up yet. Dave O and I just talked. Were waiting to see Who else is interested. It would be cool to check out your plumbing... aktion035.gif driving.gif Lets play it by ear. (or I guess by eye lol2.gif )

How about akellym (Kelly)
GWN7
I'll be about 5 hrs away from you tomorrow. If I didn't have plans for Wensday, I'd drop in. biggrin.gif
Dave-O
Quick icon_bump.gif just in case any other folks from the cities are interested. I'm putting together a tentative schedule of events for Wednesday. If Tuesday works better for a couple people don't plan around my schedule....anyway...here's my plan for Wed.

6:00ish...Special 914 "feature event" and general BS session (still getting info and approval)

7:00ish...Dinner at the 914 clubhouse (Hooters)

9:00ish...Continuing BS session in Chappy's garage.

Let me know what you think,

David
GWN7
Which clubhouse? Bloomington or Burnsville? biggrin.gif
Dave-O
QUOTE (GWN7 @ Mar 7 2005, 10:09 PM)
Which clubhouse? Bloomington or Burnsville? biggrin.gif

The Bloomington location has nice facilities cool.gif
SteveL
I'm in for Wednesday! Let me know!

Steve
Dave-O
QUOTE (SteveL @ Mar 7 2005, 10:21 PM)
I'm in for Wednesday! Let me know!

Steve

great news! wavey.gif

I'll post more info when i get it tomorrow.

David
rick 918-S
Hey guy's,

I had to go out with the work guys tonight. Just got back in. We had Greek Food! wub.gif

Wednesday will be cool for me. Dave call me when you firm things up.

Chappy, Late Wednesday is cool! Looking forward to it. I'm bringing Clint with me. PM me your address and directions or let Dave and Steve know how to find you.

Bruce I know it's a long shot but it would be cool to see you!

I'll be in training all day tomorrow but any info just leave me a message on my cell.

Later,

Rick
736conver
So close but so far away.
I wish I could be there. sad.gif
Phoenix-MN
Rick,
Sorry, I can't make it. Daughter has swimming lessons and homework. Maybe next time when you are in town.
Paul
iamchappy
Ok, I will expect another encounter with aliens and 914aholics this Wednesday night. I will be home around 8:30. I will have the computer available in the garage so everyone can join in. Now if I could only figure out a way to do a direct video feed. idea.gif
iamchappy
Just picked up some more beer for the visitors Wednesday night.

PM me to let me know if your coming, and I will PM you directions. biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE (iamchappy @ Mar 8 2005, 01:18 PM)
Just picked up some more beer for the visitors Wednesday night.

PM me to let me know if your coming, and I will PM you directions. biggrin.gif

Just waiting to hear from Dave O. The fun starts on his end of town. I'm on the Hotel computer in the lobby. My wireless modem quit. I'll check back later. Or give me a call. I'm a night owl.
Dave-O
OK...latest news...

The "914 feature event" is all but confirmed. I want to head out to Auto Edge in Mahtomedi to check out my friend Rob's F-prepared 914 race-car that is being built for autocross. It's a bit of a hike but I think you guys will enjoy it. I still need to get in contact with Rob to see if he can come along and if he doesn't mind us checking out his car.

The shop closes at 6:00 so i would like to get there at about 5:30.

Following that we can make the long drive to the southwest metro, spend some time at Hooters then between 8:30 and 9:00 make our way to Chappy's place.

Sound alright to everyone?

I live in Falcon Heights which is at least a 30 min drive to Mahtomedi depending on traffic. I'm not exactly sure where everybody else is located...so lets try and work out a meeting place that works out well everyone.

David
rick 918-S
Our office is on France and 494. I will be stuck in the office until 4:30 or so. I will have Clint (upholstry guy lives down here) pick me up and head your way. I'll call your cell as soon as we hit the road.

Where should we plan on meeting up? We can meet you someplace on the way to Auto Edge and follow you over there.

Can we make it from France Ave. to Falcon Hieghts area by 5:00 pm? Traffic is kind of nuts. on 494 and 35.
Dave-O
Rick,
Our best bet might just be to meet at Auto-Edge

http://www.auto-edge.com/Location.htm

let me know what you think,

David
rick 918-S
That doesn't look too bad. 494 to 694 to Century Ave. N. East on 244 or Wildwood Rd.

Right side 900 Wildwood Rd.

We'll meet ya there!
iamchappy
maps of iamchappy location
iamchappy
another
iamchappy
and another
rick 918-S
Hey Chappy,

I have your directions and phone number.

Steve, Are you meeting us at Auto Edge? I'll PM you my cell incase your running late.
iamchappy
I hope to see all of you guys tonight, Your going to be driving around a lot and if you dont make it I will understand. I hope to work on the car a bit today and am looking forward to your suggestions on ducting the intercooler. I've never had any 914 helpers maybe I can dig up something for you to do.

PM me if you need better directions or want my cell number.

Chap beerchug.gif
rezron
Hi guys,
I wish I could make it tonight but I've got other plans.
Would have been fun and I'm only 2 hours away!

Hopefully next time around! beerchug.gif

rezron
iamchappy
Is anyone coming. confused24.gif
Please let me know if your going to show up tonight.
For those who cant make it...more beer for me. beer.gif
SteveL
I plan on meeting everyone at Auto Edge at 5:30 and going from there to wherever we go!

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.