Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1969 911T Motor - I forgot who I bought this from
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
euro911
I'm having a real brain fart. I purchased a nice running 69 911T motor several years ago and the gentleman delivered it right to my back driveway smile.gif

However, I can't for the life of me remember who it was confused24.gif

I've checked PMs here, on NARP and even Club, but I can't find any correspondence on any of them headbang.gif

I remember the gentleman had purchased a (I believe yellow) 911 and had a bigger motor ready to install after having some body work done. I think he was from the central CA coast area and also I think that Mark (Original Customs) was doing the body & paint (?)

If YOU happen to be 'that guy', or if any of this rings a bell with anyone else, could you please shoot me a PM?

No, there's nothing wrong, just want to set my mind at ease ... smoke.gif

Thanks ...
Blue6
$2,500.... biggrin.gif
euro911
That's an offer? confused24.gif ... HA slap.gif

I think this was the car it came out of

IPB Image
napasteve
Go to original customs.com and look at Marks current projects. He was working on a '69 911T originally yellow now green with a 3.2 motor in it. I'm thinking your motor might have come from that car.
euro911
I did ... that's where I grabbed the pic ^

shades.gif
napasteve
I'm thinking McMark could give you the contact.
euro911
Yeah, but I know he's pretty busy at the moment - don't want to bother him too much right now. Somebody else knows and will eventually chime in type.gif

... or we could make this into a contest confused24.gif

poke.gif
rhodyguy
if he's on site i don't think you would be bothering him.
McMark
I'll send him this way. wink.gif
euro911
Got your PM ... thanks shades.gif
LarryR
That would be me smile.gif I sold you the engine.
LarryR
I think the carbs are worth more than I sold it to you for at this point beerchug.gif nice investment. I had almost considered contacting you to buy it back at one point but then I went pretty far down the hot rod path.
euro911
Thanks for checking in, Larry. Well, you DID get to keep clutch and flywheel IIRC? poke.gif

laugh.gif

I had to delete a ton of PMs way back when and apparently our communications were lost forever sad.gif

My feeble mind couldn't remember shit, except for what I mentioned in the first post. Do you by chance remember WHEN that was?

All I've done was to blast, prime and paint the tins (so far) screwy.gif ... but recently started prepping it to [finally] install it in the '67.

Is your 911 back on the road yet?
LarryR
QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 14 2015, 06:41 PM) *

Thanks for checking in, Larry. Well, you DID get to keep clutch and flywheel IIRC? poke.gif

laugh.gif

I had to delete a ton of PMs way back when and apparently our communications were lost forever sad.gif

My feeble mind couldn't remember shit, except for what I mentioned in the first post. Do you by chance remember WHEN that was?

All I've done was to blast, prime and paint the tins (so far) screwy.gif ... but recently started prepping it to [finally] install it in the '67.

Is your 911 back on the road yet?

Its been almost 7 years smile.gif My 911 is getting close to being on the road.
euro911
She looks pretty nice from what I saw on Mark's site thumb3d.gif

I definitely want to see her up and close and personal when you get her done popcorn[1].gif

I bought all new seals & gaskets for the 'T', gonna adjust the valves and I think I still have some rebuild kits for the carbs. Then these will go back on smile.gif

Click to view attachment
LarryR
Looking good! Good luck on your swap!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.