Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winshield Washer to Tire Hose Replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFix
Hi,
The air fitting that connects to the spare tire for the windshield washer pressure bottle is leaking on my car. I know there are better modern electric kits to do this, but I want to keep this original (and I kind of like how silly the whole thing is). Does anyone know how to either fix/replace the fitting or how to obtain a replacement hose with the tire fittings attached on both ends.
Thanks in advance for your help and advice.
Chris
skline
I may have one of those that I pulled from my car when I started the restoration and conversion. I will look to verify it is all there but as i recall, it was in great shape and very pliable.

ChrisFix
Scott,
Thanks for your reply. The black tubing on mine is also pliable and looks to be in good condition, but the screw-on tire valve connector is leaking badly. If you find it, let me know and I'm sure we can work out a price. biggrin.gif
bd1308
then its the tubing....listen it may look pliable but down at the tire, it cracks very easy. I bought a long coil of plastic tubing and jimmied it on the end of the tire connection.
ChrisFix
How is the tubing attached to the tire stem valve? On both ends of mine (washer bottle connector and tire stem connector), there is a short outer collar of tubing over what would appear to be the stem of the valve the tubing is attached to. Can the screw connectors just be removed and re-inserted into some new tubing?
Thanks,
Chris
bd1308
yup....like i said...i just unscrewed that connector, and bought some new tubing (clear thick walled) from home depot....the only thing is i had to cut a angle in the end of the tubing so it would fit through the hole....worked great...i ended up just converting to electric because the windshield solvent kept on leaking on my jeans when i pulled the switch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.