Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Camber Truss?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wrpspddrvr
Hi all. I was browsing this site: http://www.9xauto.com/914.html and ran across the camber truss towards the bottom of the page. It looks like what's known in the improt world as a "strut bar". Same thing, no?
Anybody have one? Worth it?

Thanks!
Cole monkeydance.gif
Mueller
in my opinion (and others), a huge waste of $299.00 and the materials to make them with is also wasted.......

the rear shocks on a 914 have no real bearing on the actual caster/camber for the rear suspension, if you notice their ad, it shows a 911 front suspension which does need bracing so that if the top of the shock moves, it can affect the suspension alignment, not so with the rear, which is entirely different and borders on false advertisement.........

save your money for some Koni Yellows and and rear adjustable perches....
kermit
agree.gif

except that I have a personal preference to Bilsteins over Konis...
Jeroen
the 914 comes with strutbraces front and rear standard
that is... both front and rear, there's a nice firewall between the shock mounts and those are strong enough to prevent them from flexing

since we just saved you from waisting $299, I suggest you donate it to the Brad-fund instead laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.