Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got rear ended today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porschef
Sitting at a light on my way home and felt the car lurch forward...felt that before a couple times. Takes a second to realize what happened. Look in my rear view, all I can see is grill of a big, black SUV... mad.gif

Oy...

Just another dippy LI soccer mom who probably didn't realize her Jeep was still rolling before she started texting or whatever on her cellphone. I got out and gave her a bit of tongue. Then I kinda noticed how attractive she was. Hate when that happens...
I also noticed, however, that I could barely see my car over her hood when I was delivering my admonishment. No fuchin wonder. dry.gif

Anyway, no apparent damage. unsure.gif
mgp4591
No excuse... if the dumb driver had been watching ahead, she wouldn't have hit you. I've got no mercy anymore for dumbass drivers... see the motorcycle thread for further explanation. dry.gif ar15.gif
914Sixer
I have noticed that the 914 disappears on ramps with walls. You can NOT be seen, kind of scary.
infraredcalvin
When I first bought by 914, my dad had mentioned that a car that small shouldn't be painted asphalt grey...
mgp4591
Do we need Signal Orange flags on fishin' poles like the sand buggies do? confused24.gif
JmuRiz
Pretty much...my Ravenna green car had been almost merged into a few times by SUVs. With a loud triad exhaust too.
Eyes and ears should have been taken care of, but no matter what you drive you can't account for the empty space between the other driver's ears.
wndsnd
You definitely lucked out.

I took my car into Boston last month and I scared the crap out of myself.

Not to mention our cars are literally drive by wire and traffic is brutal on throwout bearings, clutches, clutch cable tubes, etc.

No one sees you and you worry about a breakdown. High stress.
saigon71
Sorry to hear the news...but glad it wasn't any worse - very lucky!

EdwardBlume
Getting hit in Dad's car is one of my biggest nightmares. That's why I use motorcycle tricks to make sure people know I'm there.
sb914
You have to be defensive,are cars are small and low.stay out of blind spots.always be ready. Here in so cal,seems like every time I drive it,someone tries to hit me.
Not much you can do if your rear ended although, except for prayer.
mbseto
I have flare and chaff dispensers mounted on the sides of mine. If someone gets too close, I pop off a few of each and hit the gas.
rmital
...that's what you get for driving your car all the dam time... happy11.gif
rmital
yeah....what I said.... flag.gif
rmital
man...haven't posted for months...can't seem to control myself
rmital
...that's what you get for driving your car all the dam time... happy11.gif
ok, so it was a quadruple post. keep hitting "add" and I guess it kept adding... shades.gif

and, glad your 914 is okay.
whitetwinturbo
I rigged those fancy back up parking sensors and a pair of these facing backwards and forward on the targa bar to ignite when folks get too close............

Porschef
QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Oct 15 2015, 12:29 PM) *

I rigged those fancy back up parking sensors and a pair of these facing backwards and forward on the targa bar to ignite when folks get too close............

Perfect! I only want rear facing. Out front is on me.

Yes Ray, you should try it. These cars are really fun to drive! laugh.gif
jeffdon
QUOTE(RobW @ Oct 15 2015, 06:36 AM) *

Getting hit in Dad's car is one of my biggest nightmares. That's why I use motorcycle tricks to make sure people know I'm there.

Other than assuming you are invisible to other motorists, what are these motorcycle tricks you speak of?
injunmort
glad to hear you and car are ok. I find that I drive my 914 like I ride my motorcycles, everyone is trying to kill me all the time, so I just plan "what is the stupidiest thing this mfer can do and have an out.
injunmort
glad to hear you and car are ok. I find that I drive my 914 like I ride my motorcycles, everyone is trying to kill me all the time, so I just plan "what is the stupidiest thing this mfer can do and have an out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.