Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help determing original color of exhaust elbow for 1973 2.0/4
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Jett
Hello, wondering if anyone knows the stock color of the exhaust elbow tube that connects the heat exchanger to the Heater control box?

I assume they are grey, like the exchangers, but wanted to be sure before coating them.

Thanks
bdstone914
QUOTE(Jett @ Oct 14 2015, 08:11 PM) *

Hello, wondering if anyone knows the stock color of the exhaust elbow tube that connects the heat exchanger to the Heater control box?

I assume they are grey, like the exchangers, but wanted to be sure before coating them.

Thanks

I think you mean the J tubes and S branches. I think the J tubes,were black. Not sure on the S branches or warm air elbows. Have,seen some with remnants or rust color primer. They may not have been original.
Jett
Thanks Bruce. You are correct the upward J Tubes are black, but wanted to confirm the warm air elbow, which I believe is grey.

Thanks for adding the s-branches. I have only seen black or rust primer, but not sure what is original.

Q1. J-tubes [grey or black]?
A1. Believed to be BLACK

Q2. Warm air elbow [grey or black]?
A2. GREY

Q3. S-Branches [grey or black or other]?
A3. ?
914Next
Happy to take pics of my '73 if you can tell me exactly what you what you want.

Steve
Jett
Thanks Steve. We are looking for shots of the exhaust warm air system, and s-branches that connect the heat exchangers to the shroud. Basically a few good pictures of the back undercarriage.

Thanks
914Next
QUOTE(Jett @ Oct 16 2015, 09:43 PM) *

Thanks Steve. We are looking for shots of the exhaust warm air system, and s-branches that connect the heat exchangers to the shroud. Basically a few good pictures of the back undercarriage.

Thanks

Well I'm not too familiar with these cars yet but is the=is the area you are looking to see?

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Jett
Thanks. Looks like the s-tubes are grey and j-tubes are black.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Jett @ Oct 25 2015, 04:20 PM) *

Thanks. Looks like the s-tubes are grey and j-tubes are black.

correct
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.