Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2270 Porsche 914 Performance Engine Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gearren
I was wondering if any one knows what you need to start with if you decide to get one of these engine kits from the type IV store, pistons, crankshaft, camshaft, cylinders, heads, or does the kit come complete and all you need is a empty block?
ChrisFoley
That's a long block I believe. You just need your own cooling tin and fan housing/fan to complete the engine. Then you need induction, ignition and exhaust. I'm pretty sure it comes with a flywheel, but not sure about the clutch/PP. 2 weeks ago I tried to go through the parts list and match them up to the various separate parts in the store but everything wasn't detailed out at the time. Maybe by now more of the part #s have descriptions if you do a search for each P/N. I think I discarded the sheet of paper I was using or I could tell you more.
You may be able to get some money back if you have good core parts like crankcase, etc.
Jake Raby
You need a core engine to begin with- Or I can sell you those parts as well.

It includes ALL the internal parts that are needed to assemble a complete longblock all the way out to the rocker arms.. It comes balanced and machined and ready to assemble after clean up. It even has my rebuild video as well...

They go off of special on Thursday and balancing will no longer be free.

I can send you an excel spreadsheet of every part if you want.
ws91420
I just looked at Jake's site. It appears that all you need is a case, but he mentions other core items needed. Read the whole description but a used case is a option in purchasing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.