Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rocker covers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rtalich
Got the left rocker cover off and look what I found... Just some dirt. piratenanner.gif

Right side next.
wndsnd
Nice.
mrfourteen
Obviously a factory defect there seems to be a complete absence of iron oxide present.
I thought it was standard equipment biggrin.gif
Jett
Definetly an anomalie smile.gif

They look amazing!
whitetwinturbo
What is all that blue stuff?
rmital
...just drive it thru New Jersey...those babies will rust right up on you before you hit the first rest stop.
Bob L.
Show off slap.gif
EdwardBlume
w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif
flmont
So far so good...!!!
Elliot Cannon
Photo shopped. Obviously. biggrin.gif
euro911
... or a factory assembly line photo from 1974 poke.gif
rtalich
Haha. Pretty hilarious. What's even more funny is that I currently can't get the right side off because I don't have enough room to open the door to get at the rivets. Car is up on jack stands parked as close to the garage wall on that side at the moment. blink.gif
rmital
QUOTE(rtalich @ Oct 17 2015, 11:06 AM) *

.......What's even more funny is that I currently can't get the right side off....... blink.gif

...you mean the "passenger side"???? rolleyes.gif
jimkelly
QUOTE(rmital @ Oct 17 2015, 08:16 AM) *

QUOTE(rtalich @ Oct 17 2015, 11:06 AM) *

.......What's even more funny is that I currently can't get the right side off....... blink.gif

...you mean the "passenger side"???? rolleyes.gif

lol-2.gif
r_towle
He must be fixing the passenger side before he posts a photo.
rgalla9146
Yeah, It's always best to check the drivers side first.
Your car is unsafe.
Don'take the passenger rocker off, it's probably the only thing connecting the front to the rear. The door will never close again.

rtalich
Passenger (Right) side pics as promised. A lot more caked on dirt on this side. But overall in great shape I think!
boxsterfan
Looks good!!! piratenanner.gif

As I restore my 914, I will be going without jack plates and tube. I'll have to have the rocker panel hole welded over. In my mind, this will keep some of the dirt from getting caked/caught-up in that area.
EdwardBlume
Darn, I was hoping to see the handle of a buried screwdriver in your long....

Lucky you!
JoeDees
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Oct 23 2015, 08:51 PM) *

As I restore my 914, I will be going without jack plates and tube. I'll have to have the rocker panel hole welded over. In my mind, this will keep some of the dirt from getting caked/caught-up in that area.

I'm thinking about doing the same. If you get it done before me, post pics.
r_towle
You suck
jeffdon
QUOTE(RobW @ Oct 23 2015, 07:56 PM) *

Darn, I was hoping to see the handle of a buried screwdriver in your long....

Lucky you!

That is just evil. But I like it.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(DirtyCossack @ Oct 23 2015, 10:03 PM) *

If you are going to do that, I would suggest that you visit a wrecking yard and buy the jack and handle out of a 80's Nissan. It is a great little scissors jack that works well on the 914.

You can put it right next to the wheel and lift just one corner.
JoeDees
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 25 2015, 07:05 AM) *

QUOTE(DirtyCossack @ Oct 23 2015, 10:03 PM) *

If you are going to do that, I would suggest that you visit a wrecking yard and buy the jack and handle out of a 80's Nissan. It is a great little scissors jack that works well on the 914.

You can put it right next to the wheel and lift just one corner.

Thank you! I was thinking a bottlejack with adapter for donut, but that sounds like a better idea.
rhodyguy
I knew it was going to be nice. I think you should pull your car off the market and reasses the value. That looks like 3-5k+ to me. It was a no brainer steal at 15. Actually, I thought long and hard about buying the car. A master suite remodel and something else got in the way money wise. Put a 2.0 in the car. Still get 15 and sell the turbo for what ever the market will bear. Then you're pushing 22-25k. Perhaps more. Congratulations rob.
rtalich
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 25 2015, 08:38 AM) *

I knew it was going to be nice. I think you should pull your car off the market and reasses the value. That looks like 3-5k+ to me. It was a no brainer steal at 15. Actually, I thought long and hard about buying the car. A master suite remodel and something else got in the way money wise. Put a 2.0 in the car. Still get 15 and sell the turbo for what ever the market will bear. Then you're pushing 22-25k. Perhaps more. Congratulations rob.

Thanks Kevin! That was exactly what I was thinking too but it seemed that nobody was interested in a 'project' car such as this despite the cars condition. I just did not understand that at all!! Which is sort of why the sarcastic tone of this thread. Neener neener neener!!! lol-2.gif It's all good.

I've decided to keep the car for now and get it to a point where it won't be considered a 'project'.
Mikey914
Very nice find.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.