Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I have never seen the Club this slow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
Just did a speed test because the site here is slower than I have ever seen it. Here are my results.

Bandwidth = 5125.6 Kbps
Twystd1
YUP, I agree..

I just pinged the club and got a latency issue....

Sould I give it a hack and a fix Scott?

Twystd1
Rhodes71/914
Driving me nuts!
Aaron Cox
must be all the pics in my blog.....

(shameless plug for my blog! go go go!)

im getting time out errors on cal poly t3 line....
Twystd1
Duh...

I ran a "Prolog Data" MBR60 scan on the 914Club server.
I see the obvious packet failure coming from the CSU side....

The fix is relatively simple.... Some dumb admin probably used KYBs instead of Koni's
when they set up their gateway packet drivers......

They should also take a look at using the JWest shifter for a better point to point connection...

They could also use the late bumpers with the rubber stand offs to lessen the promulgation of these packet collisions. Keeps the Apaches from running over the Sambas.

Scott.... Would you like to add the finishing touches of these proposed server upgrades for the admins?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Twystd1 @ Mar 7 2005, 08:23 PM)
Duh...

The fix is relatively simple.... Some dumb admin probably used KYBs instead of Koni's

They should also take a look at using the JWest shifter for a better point to point connection...

They could also use the late bumpers with the rubber stand offs to lessen the promulgation of these packet collisions. Keeps the Apaches from running over the Sambas.

Scott.... Would you like to add the finishing touches of these proposed server upgrades for the admins?

man....gimme some of what you are smoking!

oh..BTW- you have an adjustable timing light?
Twystd1
Yup on the adjustable timing light....

It's at someone elses house...

Let me see if I can retrieve it for you. It's a snap on...

Bright as hell...........

Can also be used as a strobe at rock concert..... Just hook it to Matt's......?????

screwy.gif ............. ohmy.gif

Twystd1
SirAndy
QUOTE (Rhodes71/914 @ Mar 7 2005, 07:14 PM)
Driving me nuts!

agree.gif me too ...

still trying to figure out what's going on.

arrgghhhh!
headbang.gif type.gif headbang.gif
ematulac
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 7 2005, 08:25 PM)
QUOTE (Twystd1 @ Mar 7 2005, 08:23 PM)
Duh...

Scott....  Would you like to add the finishing touches of these proposed server upgrades for the admins?

man....gimme some of what you are smoking!

You took the words right out of my mouth ... screwy.gif

The Club has been slow all evening. I thought it was my connection, but every other site I've tried was fine.
skline
Well, it seems to have picked up a little. Much faster than it was earlier. Andy, did you use Claytons suggestions??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.