Porschef
Actually pretty tastefully done for a modified car

http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/5270145018.html
sb914
Not feeling it.
EdwardBlume
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

agree.gif
This is one of the better kits. Must have spent a fortune to build.
mepstein
That car would throw Pat Garvey right over the edge.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 16 2015, 05:26 AM) *

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

Pretty sure he's used to it by now.
DBCooper
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 16 2015, 05:26 AM) *

Way too late for that.

jim_hoyland
Nice. Probably a good price for all the work that went into the project, providing a PPI shows it to be solid. smile.gif
Porschef
That's it, looks like a shytpile of work went into this, and as long as it was properly stiffened...

Almost worth taking a peek at it for kix.
Andyrew
Thats a great price for how clean it is. Very impressive job.
bretth
I don't see an engine cover in any of the pics. It looks like with the top up you are sealed in with the open engine in the drivers compartment.

Brett
BIGKAT_83
Pretty interesting set up on the AC. I suspect that car was built years ago. Not my cup of tea but looks like nice work and plenty of it.
Click to view attachment
sb914
Looks like a beach boy build.at least the wing.
mrfourteen
If was looking to do a v8 swap I'd buy it for the parts
914outlaw
Saw that listed on CL last week for approximately $8500
Larmo63
barf.gif
iwanta914-6
To think when I was 13, this would have been a dream car of mine. Now at almost 39, I think it's a horrible waste of what was at one time a beautiful 914, lol.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Oct 16 2015, 06:59 AM) *

barf.gif

barf.gif popcorn[1].gif
madmax914
No air flow to the motor with the rag top covering the opening. Hope the vents on the fenders are functional. confused24.gif
914itis
QUOTE(madmax914 @ Oct 16 2015, 11:00 AM) *

No air flow to the motor with the rag top covering the opening. Hope the vents on the fenders are functional. confused24.gif

It's a V8 , not air cooled and the radiator may be up front .
scotty b
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Oct 16 2015, 06:02 AM) *

To think when I was 13, this would have been a dream car of mine. Now at almost 39, I think it's a horrible waste of what was at one time a beautiful 914, lol.

agree.gif I used to have the brochure for the Rayco kit hanging on the wall. I thought it was the sexiest 914 I had ever seen. I still think it is the best looking kit ever made, but I have no interest in doing that now
rjames
QUOTE(RobW @ Oct 16 2015, 07:11 AM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Oct 16 2015, 06:59 AM) *

barf.gif

barf.gif popcorn[1].gif

agree.gif

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.
vinniedatorch
QUOTE(sb914 @ Oct 16 2015, 04:52 AM) *

Not feeling it.

agree.gif
jor
I think I'd rather have a clean conversion, like Rick's V8 Alien or JRust's green beast. These types of body modifications don't do much for me. Just saying.
Porschef
To each his own, it's not my cup of coffee either, as I would need to procure a brace of heavy gold chains to adorn my hirsute neck and upper torso, which I've noticed features more gray every day. However, compared to some of the half assed abominations I've seen, this one does appear to have been brought to completion. Only an up close inspection would verify what looks like a very nice job. smile.gif

My dos centavos.
whitetwinturbo

smash.gif
HUGE amount of time/work to do that.
Not my thing and I bet it is too flexible without the targa bar.
No picture with top up means it probably looks less than elegant.
No rust but in the NEast....?
Mueller
QUOTE(Porschef @ Oct 16 2015, 09:36 AM) *

To each his own, it's not my cup of coffee either, as I would need to procure a brace of heavy gold chains to adorn my hirsute neck and upper torso, which I've noticed features more gray every day. However, compared to some of the half assed abominations I've seen, this one does appear to have been brought to completion. Only an up close inspection would verify what looks like a very nice job. smile.gif

My dos centavos.

Nice job or not, it looks terrible....the windshield and frame work are so wrong for the modifications it is not funny.

The folding top looks like they are carrying a popup tent behind the seats.

I hope the buyer budgets in new rims and tires....cause at $700 EACH for a replacement rear tire, that get's a tad pricey (and the price will only go up)

I'm curious if the transmission is a REAL 4 speed or a hacked 5 speed with 1st gear locked out (a 1" length of 3/4" copper pipe* to lock out 1st gear is a way to make the 5 speed a 4 speed)

*rough dimensions and decsription

To me, it is not a 914 anymore, it is a 959'ish kit car on 914 chassis.....too bad they didn't make Fieros in the 70's 'cause that would have been more fitting of a chassis to use.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 16 2015, 12:14 PM) *

To me, it is not a 914 anymore, it is a 959'ish kit car on 914 chassis....

Agreed that it's not a 914 anymore, closer to a 930 slantnose though than a 959.
flmont
I think he wanted a 911...????
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.