Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: first on of my creations to perish
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sean_v8_914
914 turning left, SUV turning right...thats all they told me

as rust free as they get. solid chassis. i didnt have to do very much metal work at all

sad to see her go this way

no injuries
sean_v8_914
wregh
'73-914kid
what size are the fuchs..?

Bummer to see that car get hit so badly.. Definitely makes me reconsider the whole daily driver thing..
sean_v8_914
the way she was

i know its not my car but i still feel like pooh about it
sean_v8_914
i already consulted Grand Master Rick. He essentially said R.I.P.
SirAndy
You could put her on a Celette bench but it'll be one heck of a pull to get the frame back straight.
sad.gif

Three full weekends of pulling to go from this:

IPB Image

to this:

IPB Image
sean_v8_914
if it was a six chassis like ol black n yeller, i would say yes but its just a 75-four. 60 hours would not git er done.

how many hours did you guys put into that black n yeller?

is that six back together yet?
sean_v8_914
oh my...3 weeks
Mueller
bummer....clean title...good candidate for a tube chassis based build!
whitetwinturbo
So, here's a reminder how elegant the 914 unibody was designed.

The obvious "add lightness" has it's weaknesses .... glad no humans were hurt at this slow speed.

unsure.gif
warpig
sad.gif So sad
johannes
Sad end. At least the organs can be transplanted to other demanding cars...
boxsterfan
Wow! That looks really bent. Sorry to see it.
DavidSweden
That sucks.

If its any consolation I totaled my Saab last week, shit happens
914Sixer
I still say the BUBs are worth keeping in place. There would have been more damage without them.
tpines
So sorry to hear Sean. Glad everyone is ok though.

Clark
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Oct 16 2015, 03:40 PM) *

I still say the BUBs are worth keeping in place. There would have been more damage without them.

Yes, they do some good, but isn't it kinda moot if its totaled?
flmont
Damn,..!!! But,.. Yes, keep it,... and it shall live on...!!!
PanelBilly
Organ donor. An honorable way to end
ben*james
RIP beautiful car, RIP
euro911
QUOTE(DavidSweden @ Oct 16 2015, 01:24 PM) *
That sucks.

If its any consolation I totaled my Saab last week, shit happens
Now that's a real Saab story sad.gif

poke.gif
sean_v8_914
euro911, thats funny. you guys make me laugh. i especially like "im sorry for your loss, how much for the rear right fender?" and I need a ...also

the car is not mine. i built it and sold it 6 months ago. im going to try to get the salvage carcass back from teh insurance co.

5 lug, fuchs, fresh 1911cc, 40 dellortos, fresh gear box

when she bought this from me part of the payment was a 1972 bare chassis with fresh tangerene orange. might use the salvage parts to build it for her
JRust
Nice Sean, sounds like a good plan for the unfortunate lady. Very cool of you to get her all setup. Look forward to the new swap/build smile.gif
Cory M
That sucks. Shame to see a clean car like that meet it's demise. Hopefully you can swap the parts into another chassis.

If you do end up with the carcass and want to part it send me a pm. I could use some sheet metal you'd probably be scraping anyway (front windshield frame) and I'm also in SD.
Old Yella
Bummer but this bears out what I have been saying to back daters. "Why bother"; The reason Porsche and a host of other companies were forced to replace shit with a solid bumper were the cars were collapsing like cardboard boxes.

These photos are testimony to why the late bumper cars are better, stronger and safer. Yep, agreed don't look as pretty but personally I would prefer not to have the fuel tank sitting in my lap after an accident.
EdwardBlume
Crap. Sorry to lose another good one....
euro911
Maybe you can salvage the rear half for a Car-B-Q ? confused24.gif
r_towle
Good for business.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.