Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front fender removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Stutgart46
I have a '74 parts car and I would like to remove the front fenders. They're in great shape if anybody needs them.
jgiroux67
I had to do this before and it was a pain. There is a ton of spot welds to drill out and not all of them are that easy to get to. Then you have to pry the fender away from the body. Atleast thats how i did it. Good Luck
neo914-6
Sawsall at least an inch from the flange you want to keep and drill on the bench.

The door side is not easily accessible to weld so cut vertically ahead of the inner bracing toward the wheel. Search for MarkB's details for pics of the cut fender.
Jeroen
drill out the spotwelds
the ones on the doorpost are hard to access
Eric_Shea
There is no easy way.

As you can tell from the posts, they're welded on.

If this is a parts car as you mentioned then cutting them is the quickest, best and the easiest way. Felix is "Spot On" here with the exception of "drill on the bench"... let the buyer do that wink.gif

Find the original weld points and cut at least an inch in from there. It's fairly customary to leave extra metal and leave the "picking" of the panel for the buyer. Picking is the term that refers to picking the needed panel off the welded areas.

Do not waste your time picking or drilling welds. Not only is it time consuming but the buyer may need a differnt path.

Hope that helps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.