Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine is done!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave Blackburn
Got the engine all painted. Now to find a way to clean up the trans and wiring harness.
Next: the car! smile.gif
Dave Blackburn
Other
Dave Blackburn
one more cool.gif
Andyrew
WOW! The paint looks great! kinda racey, but really nice. best looking 1.7 I have seen!
Brad Roberts
Dave.. that looks great clap56.gif I like you color choices. it will really "liven" up the engine compartment.

B
Jeff Krieger
Oooh, real puurdy! Not like mine.

IPB Image
Brad Roberts
Ok..

Why do people leave the shift rod on the tranny when removing the engine/trans combo ???

B
Jeff Krieger
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jun 10 2003, 09:38 PM)
Ok..

Why do people leave the shift rod on the tranny when removing the engine/trans combo ???

B

Don't remember now but it probably seemed easier at the time. What does Haynes say? Mortal sin?
Brad Roberts
I'm not sure what Haynes says.. I find it "odd" that 2 pics posted in a single thread and both engines have the shift rod on them.

I find it a serious pain in the backside to drop the engine/trans with the bar in the way.

Your only one shift rod pin away from removing it completely at this point. I dont take any chances with bending the rod.

B
Cdn Teener
pray.gif pray.gif Great Job Dave....Looks Saweet! aktion035.gif If you need a hand (as 914 unexperienced as it is mellow.gif ) I'd be honored to lend it to ya. biggrin.gif
914Timo
Looks GOOD !!! clap56.gif

What have you done to the intake runners ?? Are thy painted blue or is it some kind of coating ?? How about the plenium, is it zinc-coated ?? They look great.
Jeroen
Absolutely great!
I really like the "one color for all" and then the blue intake runners

cheers,

Jeroen
Curvie Roadlover
very nice smilie_pokal.gif
ChrisFoley
I think that's the best I've seen yet. Very cool!
I don't keep an engine together long enough to justify painting it.
maf914
Dave, Great looking engine. Very Nice. clap56.gif

Jeff, Your engine may need a little sprucing up, but that garage door looks good! rolleyes.gif

Mike
Dave Blackburn
Thanks for the compliments guys.
Brad, the reason I left the shift rod on was that the cone screw at the tranny end was stuck. I tried to get it out and it started to strip, I figured I would leave the rod on instead of f*cking it up more. Will fix it before it goes back in.
The intake runners are painted with a dupli color anodize look paint. The plenum, oil filler box and other steel components were sandblasted and polished on the wire/buffing wheel then clear coated.
Regards, Dave
Hey Mike from Calgary, send me an E- Mail - DBlackburn@ElectronicsWholesale.com
It would be cool to hang out with someone else that likes teeners too! beerchug.gif

P.S. 1.8L wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.