Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Miles is quitting 914's....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Aaron Cox
FIAT X19!!!!

miles, you will be missed sad.gif mad.gif pissoff.gif

all because of my hot start issue on my otto car
redshift
cool.gif smilie_pokal.gif <---- LMAO AARON
Aaron Cox
user posted image
SpecialK
Hallucinations from the high fever and dehydration? huh.gif Man, I had no idea he was that sick! icon8.gif Someone call a priest!
xsboost90
ive seen one of those, i thought, wow, and i thought the 914 was ugly when i first saw it.
bd1308
miles is more insane than i thought....that is wayyyy ugly! screwy.gif i'm sticking with my 914
MattR
Yeah, except X1/9's dont RUST

lol2.gif
bd1308
QUOTE (MattR @ Mar 7 2005, 10:49 PM)
Yeah, except X1/9's dont RUST

lol2.gif

well thats a huge plus! well couldnt someone just media blast thier 914 shell and get it galvanized
MattR
Its a joke. X1/9s are possibly one of the worst rusting cars out there. I used to be into fiats ('78 124 spider).
bd1308
i'm gullible....sorry sad.gif
IronHillRestorations
I like that magazine ad. Maybe we should pool our money and take out a full page ad, and say

"Maybe the engines are in the same place, but you only want one in your garage"

Photo of cherry '73 2.0 next to frusty X1/9

Smaller print at bottom:

Years ago Fiat had a similar ad touting the value of the X1/9 over the Porsche 914. Funny thing is the value of a 914 is stronger than ever and continually spiraling upward. Some perfect examples of the 914 are selling for more now than they were new. The X1/9 on the other hand, well just try and find a good one.
The 914 is still considered a car ahead of it's time, with a devout following that continues to grow in numbers and level of dedication. The X1/9 on the other hand, well just try and find a good one.
Porsche, there is no substitute!
redshift
Or...

We could just kill Aaron, and eat his brain.

smilie_pokal.gif

chair.gif sawzall-smiley.gif chowtime.gif

M
bd1308
arron cox?

anyway that ad was awesome clap.gif boldblue.gif
iamchappy
And he thought 914s are unreliable. The Fiat is going to a super nightmare. screwy.gif
wrpspddrvr
QUOTE (9146986 @ Mar 8 2005, 09:31 AM)
I Funny thing is the value of a 914 is stronger than ever and continually spiraling upward. Some perfect examples of the 914 are selling for more now than they were new.

This will be the case until all you old farts die off. Then Aaron, bd1308, Matt and I will get all the teeners we want for a buck a bushel! Woo! smilie_pokal.gif

Cole monkeydance.gif
bd1308
so people like mikez should leave things like manfred in thier will to people like me smile.gif
Eric_Shea
pass the brain please... chowtime.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (wrpspddrvr @ Mar 8 2005, 07:52 AM)
This will be the case until all you old farts die off. Then Aaron, bd1308, Matt and I will get all the teeners we want for a buck a bushel! Woo! smilie_pokal.gif

Cole monkeydance.gif

Us "old pharts" have just taken on new life...we're gonna stick around and make you pay...really pay...you will never own a complete 914 as your parts supply has just been cutoff. bootyshake.gif

Miles should get into Ramblers...pink one's at that....they fit his personality more.

Ex owner of two Fiat X1/9s
Joe Bob
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Mar 8 2005, 06:54 AM)
so people like mikez should leave things like manfred in thier will to people like me smile.gif

I will live long enuff to be a problem to my children.....

BTW...YOU get Frankenstealth in the will...
bd1308
ha..... huh.gif frankenstealth? i'd be honored!
SLITS
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Mar 8 2005, 09:58 AM)
ha..... huh.gif frankenstealth? i'd be honored!

Yeh, but you would be REALLY slow laugh.gif
bd1308
as long as frankenstealth has parts i'm fine with that. mikez can you give me specs on frankenstealth?
mightyohm
Every time I read this thread I read the topic as "Miles is quilting 914's..."
Toast
Miles should get one of these..........
SpecialK
QUOTE (redshift @ Mar 8 2005, 06:35 AM)
Or...

We could just kill Aaron, and eat his brain.

smilie_pokal.gif

chair.gif sawzall-smiley.gif chowtime.gif

M

Kinda like gum in school, if you didn't bring enough for everybody......... rolleyes.gif

chair.gif sawzall-smiley.gif chowtime.gif confused24.gif
Joe Bob
Miles is our Betsy Ross of the 914 set...he's always waving some kind of flag and is a mythical character....

Britt...specs on Frank...why? Wanna buy it?

It's a rusty POS, 65C, stock trans (rebuilt), 2.2 sixer with carbs, about 140hp, headers, Bursch muffler, partial tube frame, with the rear pickups tied to the rear engine mounts. 16x7 and 8 inch Fuchs alloys, 225 and 245 tires, four wheel discs. 911 RS fiberglass flares, chopped top, 6 inch lexan windshield, shaved door handles, French H4s headlights, front sway bar, painted rattle can black.....

Oh yeah...stereo that will get dirty looks from bluehairs in a Mercedes WITH THEIR windows rolled up.
bd1308
QUOTE (Toast @ Mar 8 2005, 11:44 AM)

OH NO.....you CANT put that down. I love those things.
bd1308
QUOTE (mikez @ Mar 8 2005, 11:56 AM)
Miles is our Betsy Ross of the 914 set...he's always waving some kind of flag and is a mythical character....

Britt...specs on Frank...why? Wanna buy it?

It's a rusty POS, 65C, stock trans (rebuilt), 2.2 sixer with carbs, about 140hp, headers, Bursch muffler, partial tube frame, with the rear pickups tied to the rear engine mounts. 16x7 and 8 inch Fuchs alloys, 225 and 245 tires, four wheel discs. 911 RS fiberglass flares, chopped top, 6 inch lexan windshield, shaved door handles, French H4s headlights, front sway bar, painted rattle can black.....

Oh yeah...stereo that will get dirty looks from bluehairs in a Mercedes WITH THEIR windows rolled up.

i didnt even ask you how much and I already know that I can't afford it.....i'll just wait for the will reading wink.gif
Joe Bob
It would be like 20k+ if painted and finished.....16K as is...
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (Toast @ Mar 8 2005, 09:44 AM)

isn't that a 914 tapiro?
bd1308
laugh.gif no....it's a DMC delorian. wub.gif i've seen a few in person in Louisville, none in this po-dunk town....but porsche's arent here either....all they have are farm truck diesel F-350 HD's with the 75 inch bogger tires YEEEHAW rolleyes.gif
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE (wrpspddrvr @ Mar 8 2005, 06:52 AM)
This will be the case until all you old farts die off.

Old farts eh? Just try and keep up with us "old farts"! laugh.gif

Besides I'm growing a couple of 914 addicts of my own to inherit my stash.
Toast
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Mar 8 2005, 11:41 AM)
laugh.gif no....it's a DMC delorian. wub.gif i've seen a few in person in Louisville, none in this po-dunk town....

I've seen the original one used in Back to the Future. biggrin.gif
bd1308
you lucky........ sad.gif I wanted to see that one.....actually somewhere, I have a picture of me and the doc....it was a disney picture wayyyy back when...the doc was cartooned in.
Toast
If you ever come to Southern California, they have it on display at Universal Studios. biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE (9146986 @ Mar 8 2005, 11:30 AM)
QUOTE (wrpspddrvr @ Mar 8 2005, 06:52 AM)
This will be the case until all you old farts die off.

Old farts eh? Just try and keep up with us "old farts"! laugh.gif

Besides I'm growing a couple of 914 addicts of my own to inherit my stash.

Heh...who gets cool_shades.gif the Boxster????
Flat VW
QUOTE (mikez @ Mar 8 2005, 10:13 AM)
It would be like 20k+ if painted and finished.....16K as is...

16K, no top and been rained on in the interior how many times? w00t.gif

I say, someone, anyone, BUY now! mueba.gif
Joe Bob
Once since the top has been cut off while doing 85mph....

Did I mention it was rusty POS to begin with?
bd1308
so i say its fair to leave it to me in your will.....that would be just fine biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (mikez @ Mar 8 2005, 03:07 PM)
Once since the top has been cut off while doing 85mph....

Did I mention it was rusty POS to begin with?

izit equipped with drain holes? lol2.gif
Joe Bob
Yup...got's speed holes too...

Aaron Cox
QUOTE (mikez @ Mar 8 2005, 03:14 PM)
Yup...got's speed holes too...

yay! im number 1 in mikes book! laugh.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Joe Bob
Not that I'm pimping Frank....but didn't you say that Frank was the funnest car you ever drove????

Not funniest...but FUN....
SLITS
I don't mind that it is really coyote ugly (not like the movie either)

I don't mind that it is really slow.

I don't mind that it doesn't handle worth shit.

I don't mind that it is rusty as hell.

I don't mind that it has been rained in.

I do mind that Zits sat in it and pharted..which renders it unuseable in my mind. The stain and smell will never go away.

Joe Bob
Ahh....trading barbs in a war of wits with a 1/2 wit....priceless.... screwy.gif

Come see me when the swelling in yer brain goes down....we'll get you a nice glass of Lime Koolaid with the special sugar....
SLITS
Strawberry fields forever dry.gif
iamchappy
Miles I really think its conversion time for your car. if nothing else you wont be pissed off when it doesn't work anymore, it will be all apart and you can have fun acquiring all the little goodies for many years as you ponder driving a reliable fast 914.
GTeener
Hey Mike, weren't you going to have flames painted on Frank? What happened?
Joe Bob
I did more body work.....
redshift
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Mar 8 2005, 11:29 AM)
pass the brain please... chowtime.gif

huh.gif

You don't have it? ohmy.gif

WHO HAS THE BRAIN!? unsure.gif

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.