Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Intake Idea
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
user posted image
drew365
That made the Jaws theme start playing in my head.
Trekkor
So when do you plan on having yours in place? lol2.gif

KT
914forme
Indy Pace car - Fiero style
neo914-6
New Intake Idea, Racer Style

Snorkels have been around for decades. That Fiat is as old as a 914...but you can be the first to equip yours laugh.gif
URY914
I thought about doing it on my car but with dual carbs it would be a PITA.
And I think it looks kinda dumb.
v82go

Twin Superchargers and a V-8
Air_Cooled_Nut
I would make the opening bigger (gulp more air).

I don't like the look, side intakes would be much cleaner looking.
balljoint
Does that give you more off-road water fording capabilities?

We're going to need a bigger boat.
dinomium
side scoops are much BETTER!
914werke
Dino how about a shot forward into the wheel well. What are you using to duct into Eng. compartment?
cha914
 I thought about doing it on my car but with dual carbs it would be a PITA.
And I think it looks kinda dumb.

I was thinking about doing scoops in the sails...one to feed each carb...maybe using naca ducts, carbon of course tongue.gif

but now I cant decide if I want to do that or a central air box with one inlet...
dinomium
QUOTE (rdauenhauer @ Mar 8 2005, 10:16 AM)
Dino how about a shot forward into the wheel well. What are you using to duct into Eng. compartment?

PO did that abomination strickly for looks! It is a scoop of a 924 turbo (I think) but it goes no where!
If anybody wants it, I will auction it off and donate the entire amount to the BBF!
biggrin.gif
jd74914
QUOTE (dinomium @ Mar 8 2005, 09:44 AM)
QUOTE (rdauenhauer @ Mar 8 2005, 10:16 AM)

PO did that abomination strickly for looks! It is a scoop of a 924 turbo (I think) but it goes no where!
If anybody wants it, I will auction it off and donate the entire amount to the BBF!
biggrin.gif

mine has something like that. i think i'm gonna put an oil cooler on one side, and route air to my airbox on the other side.

Anyone know what the deal is with that supercharged 914
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.