Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche museum
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
matthepcat
I was just there in September. It's a beautiful museum and the parking garage below is like a museum itself (lots of classics and exotic cars show up regularly).

I recommend booking the factory tour while your at it to see 911, Boxster and Cup car production(cup cars only made in September/ October time frame)

I could post some pictures
Bleyseng
I was there in 2009 and it's a amazing place to stroll around getting up close to lots of cars.
Ansbacher
Been there several times, including the old original small museum. The new building is an architectural wonder. Be careful when you decide to go though, as special events dictate what cars will be in the museum when you get there. For instance, the last time I visited it happened to be the celebration of 50 years of the 911. Therefore there were gobs of 911s but many of the cars usually on display were not there, to make room for the 911s. Another great Porsche museum is the one at Gmund, Austria, run by the old racer Pfeiffhoffer (think that's his name). It is contained in an old two-story Alpine farm house, just down the road from the sawmill where the first 356s were built. The place contains a lot of early Porsche cars and artifacts. Actually it is more interesting than the sterile environment of the one at Zuffenhausen.

Ansbacher
Harpo
I was there about 15 years ago. I had to fly in to Stuttgart and landed Sunday morning with jet lag. Got my rental car and drove to zuffenhausen asking for directions along the way. Great time.

David
scott_in_nh
I was there by chance on the last day of the 50 years of 911 exhibit.

Significant race cars were on display, but pretty much every street car except for 356's and 911's were not - including no 914's.

But it is looking like I will be back in Stuttgart next spring .... biggrin.gif
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Oct 16 2015, 11:05 PM) *

I was just there in September. It's a beautiful museum and the parking garage below is like a museum itself (lots of classics and exotic cars show up regularly).

I recommend booking the factory tour while your at it to see 911, Boxster and Cup car production(cup cars only made in September/ October time frame)

I could post some pictures

I really regret not going when I was there in September as well. The rest of the group of people I was with had no interest, sigh... Oh well, Oktoberfest was great as well as the alps, the castles, Salzburg, and visiting relatives. Hope you enjoyed your trip as well!
jdunn
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Oct 16 2015, 10:38 PM) *

I went two years ago, it is by far the best auto manufacturer museum I saw in Europe.
A train takes you from the Stuttgart airport directly to the museum. Easy peasy! Another example of German efficiency.

Jack
Andyrew
I'll be going next year as well as a couple laps of the ring smile.gif

Really Really excited to go!
dirk9141973
agree.gif A must see you need to go to MB short train across town you can cram both in one day. They both have cool factory showrooms!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.