Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats yer buzz?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SGB
What are your pleasures with this car?
1-The mechanical triumphs involved in keeping it roadworthy?
2-The drive?
3-The heritage?

I know all these influence me.
-Achieving the desired mechanical characteristics by myself
-Downshifting and squirting out of a corner just right
-Reading about 917s and 550s and 962s and even the CGT

Pick one. Only. Pick a "mostly"

I think it is the challenge of the next "fix" for me.
My car is like a jigsaw puzzle I keep disambling and reassembling to slightly higher tolerances every time.

Anybody else fit my buzzer?
nebreitling
oh, god -- i love the drive... biggrin.gif

mechanics and history a distant second...
Trekkor
It's the drive...No doubt.

I enjoy the predictable sporty feel and superior handling.
The raw grip on the pavement and the roar of the SIX.

Drove it in the hills tonight.
Driving season just started, in case you hadn't heard.

KT burnout.gif
Rhodes71/914
Driving it is surely a blast.

But now that the engine is in and the car is starting to get sorted out my wife drove it to work, now I can't go into the garage and tinker.

So I have to go with mechanical triumphs. I'm trying to figure out my next project, I think it will be suspension related.
bd1308
i love the history....i love the thrill of sitting in a porsche.....driving is a close second (i cant drive the car to it's full potential) and the mechanics, while i do enjoy it, do sometimes get to me
Aaron Cox
the look on your passengers face as you exit a cloverleaf at 90 MPH w00t.gif
gregrobbins
It is a whole car experience. The drive is super, the satisfaction of doing some of my own work is great too. The history side of the 914s is interesting, but I am not much into Porsche history beyond the racing.

So whats my Buzz? Its a 74 LE Bumble Bee named Buzz by my granddaughter Aubry.

Here is a photo of the licensed plate from the Targa Aid rally.
ovilla
It's definitely the handling, the lines of the body (which are only second to a 911), the smell, the noise, the fact that it's 30+ years old. To me it also seems so exclusive, like I'm driving a piece of history. In Chicagoland, I can easily go a whole year and maybe see two to three 914's. I also really enjoy the fact that the cars are easy to work on. I've done things to my 914 that I would never try on another car. Finally, I've come to realize that I have a totally different attitude/respect towards my 914's (yes, I have two of them right now). When dealing with repairs/upgrades for my daily drivers I always have to really think it over. With the 914's I don't even hesitate doing maintenance or upgrades.
Andyrew
The driving...

The look of your friends when you say "Thats only a 1/4 throttle..."

biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.