Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: throttle glitch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikedsilva
I have a seemingly random throttle glitch every so often.
Engine is a 2.0 with stock efi.
I read somewhere that the circuit board on the throttle body can sometimes be the cause.
Has anyone here changed their board and with good results?

Here is a photo of my circuit board.. there are some marks on it.. reckon it's worth changing?

Mike
IPB Image
euro911
Mike, you can try very lightly burnishing the contacts and making sure there's enough tension on the wiper arms to hold the contacts against the circuit board traces. Believe it or not, standard 20# bond printer paper works pretty well, without removing the plating on the contacts. (I think they're plated with rhodium IIRC) confused24.gif

Also lightly clean up the traces on that board too (a low-abrasion Scotch-brite pad works good).

It's a good idea to have a cleaned-up spare ready to pop in, so maybe you can post a WTB ad in the classifieds for one ... there are some spare ones floating around.

popcorn[1].gif
bdstone914
A pencil eraser also works for cleaning up the board. I have spares if you need one.
Bruce
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Oct 18 2015, 04:57 AM) *

A pencil eraser also works for cleaning up the board. I have spares if you need one.
Bruce

agree.gif done that a few times myself.
mikedsilva
Really? So no need to buy a new board just yet... Will give it a go for sure.
Sorry about posting in the wrong forum too.. how can I get this moved to garage??
euro911
No worries, mate beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
Mikey914
Another technique is to bend the contact slightly to make a new path.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.