Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One of these things is not like the other.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Next
I think these are the heater control flapper boxes? Was taking some pics for a question on the originality forum and noticed that the passenger side looks like a portion of the flapper box was taken off or broke off? What effect does this have? Could this be related to something the original owner told me? Here is what he said in a letter to me....

"Shortly after getting it I noticed that in the summer it could be hard to restart in hot weather and Carousel Porsche in Minneapolis "hay-wired" the vent from the heater box to keep heat way from the fuel lines and that seemed to take care of it. I think I did replace the tubing at least one time and was disappointed that the didn't have a somewhat more elegant solution for the problem"

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Johny Blackstain
The part that seems to be missing is the heat escape rain/water hat. The round hat keeps water/debris from getting inside the valve & mucking things up. Heat will still escape through there, but the lack of protection will cause something to fail inside eventually. As for affecting your engine/fuel temp I'm not sure.
914Next
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Oct 18 2015, 01:33 PM) *

The part that seems to be missing is the heat escape rain/water hat. The round hat keeps water/debris from getting inside the valve & mucking things up. Heat will still escape through there, but the lack of protection will cause something to fail inside eventually. As for affecting your engine/fuel temp I'm not sure.

Thanks. So is this likely that it was taken off so that more heat would escape? This is on the passenger side which is the same side as I recall the guel pump was originally (i had it relocated after I bought the car).

Possibly a pretty ignorant question on my part but I just don't know the workings of these parts.

Thanks
budk
QUOTE(914Next @ Oct 18 2015, 01:41 PM) *

QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Oct 18 2015, 01:33 PM) *

Thanks. So is this likely that it was taken off so that more heat would escape? This is on the passenger side which is the same side as I recall the guel pump was originally (i had it relocated after I bought the car).

Possibly a pretty ignorant question on my part but I just don't know the workings of these parts.

Thanks

while that is possible it may have just fallen off. Either way, it should be there.
r_towle
Mice,

Get a new one.
914Next
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 18 2015, 05:20 PM) *

Mice,

Get a new one.

Working on it. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.