Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing Relay Board
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
solex
Hello,

How can I remove the relay board from the car. In particular I am having trouble with the main (large) wiring harness coming thru the firewall?

Thanks,
Dan
bd1308
2 screws at bottom of board come out, then you push forward and BINGO.
solex
It is the main wiring harness that I am having trouble with. It looks like a plug but I am having difficulty removing it. The wires appear to be soldered to the individual posts do the need to be de-soldered to completely remove the relay board?

scotty914
sorry but britt has it backwards, two screws at rear of the relay board, and then it slids to the rear. but if you are having harness issues, the main harness un plugs from the front of the relay board, there might be a plastic clip holding the harness down just remove that then use a small screw driver to pry up on the connector.

edit: just read your there post, hopefully the plug is still there. and yes inside the plug the wires are soldered to hollow pins that plug on to solid pins attached to the relay board. its not uncommon for the pins to corrode together, make sure the plug cap is on, then use the screw driver to work your way around the plug to get it loose. you might want to remove the raly board for better access
solex
Scott, Britt,

Thanks I will try again tonight.

Dan
Dave_Darling
Once you get the back off the connector, the metal pins will just slide out of it. With the wires attached. No problem!!

There's a "Classic" thread from Aaaahndy about removing and reinstalling the 914's main wiring harness. Check there for tons of pics and info.

--DD
solex
I have determined that the connector is missing from the harness. Is there a source for this connector? Thanks Dan
McMark
Maybe this is a stupid question, but can you take a picture? I'd be impressed if someone took the time to solder all the wires directly to the pins. I'm not buyin' it unless I see it. wink.gif Nothing personal.
McMark
I was strolling through some pics and saw this one which might help. (Thanks Andy!) You can see the stock connector on the bottom with one of the wires pulled out of it (green wire). Anything looking familiar?

user posted image
solex
It is the connector on the very front of the relay board. You cannot see it in your picture but it is right in front of the larger (silver) box (relay)?

Thanks,
Dan

Steve
When I did my 3.2 conversion I bought the opposite connector from Zims in Texas and dumped the whole relay board.
They should have the male and the female connectors.
solex
Steve,

Is this the contact info for Zims?

Zims Autotechnik, 1804 Reliance Parkway, Bedford, TX 76021 817-267-4451, 817-545-2002 FAX

Thanks,
Dan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.