Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I saw you! Oakland Redwood Heights area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
Saw this beauty Friday while I was on Hwy 13 between Berkeley and 580. I saw the unmistakable shape of a 914 and had to scoot a little to catch up. This was taken just one exit before 580 heading to Hayward about 5-6PM...
EdwardBlume
What a beauty! biggrin.gif

Stalker... dry.gif
kkid
oh.....this is my exit but not my car.
Maybe jeffdon's ???
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RobW @ Oct 18 2015, 11:25 PM) *

What a beauty! biggrin.gif

Stalker... dry.gif

happy11.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(kkid @ Oct 18 2015, 11:33 PM) *

Maybe jeffdon's ???

It looks silver in the picture but I recall it being more white??? Naturally, at 60mph I had to pay a bit of attention to the traffic.
ConeDodger
Oh! I recall seeing what may have been a bald or shaved head as I went by...
jeffdon
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 18 2015, 06:36 PM) *

Saw this beauty Friday while I was on Hwy 13 between Berkeley and 580. I saw the unmistakable shape of a 914 and had to scoot a little to catch up. This was taken just one exit before 580 heading to Hayward about 5-6PM...

Yep, that's me. Did you honk? Seem to recall someone honking at me that day.

Man, my car looks awesome in slightly out of focus pictures!
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Oct 19 2015, 09:21 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 18 2015, 06:36 PM) *

Yep, that's me. Did you honk? Seem to recall someone honking at me that day.

C'mon it looks good in person too!
EdwardBlume
Kind of creepy that Rob was cruising your neighborhood though.. poke.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Oct 19 2015, 09:21 AM) *

Throw some money my way and i'll take some pics of your car.

I'm really good at taking out of focus pictures!
biggrin.gif
jeffdon
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 18 2015, 10:04 PM) *

QUOTE(kkid @ Oct 18 2015, 11:33 PM) *

Maybe jeffdon's ???

It looks silver in the picture but I recall it being more white??? Naturally, at 60mph I had to pay a bit of attention to the traffic.

Nope, L96D, silver metallic. Funny, I grew up being told this was the "proper" Porsche color. Yet at Rennsport, I was the only 914 in my color!
ConeDodger
Yup... Honk honk! biggrin.gif
jeffdon
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 19 2015, 10:59 AM) *

Ah, so it was YOU. I looked around to see if it was someone I knew, and did not recognize any of the cars around me.

I was on one of my test runs while swcrewing around with my jetting. The car was actually not running well when you saw me, but I have it pretty close now.
ConeDodger
Company car. White Ford Focus with ambulance Critical Care Division Supervisor on it it. Little round emblem on the doors... biggrin.gif
lonewolfe
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Oct 19 2015, 11:06 AM) *

Ah, so it was YOU. I looked around to see if it was someone I knew, and did not recognize any of the cars around me.

I was on one of my test runs while swcrewing around with my jetting. The car was actually not running well when you saw me, but I have it pretty close now.

Did you have a 2056 that burned a bearing after your rebuild? If so, I think I met you once up by Monaghan's when I was dropping my old friend Victor off at the bar last year.
jeffdon
QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Oct 19 2015, 04:25 PM) *

QUOTE(jeffdon @ Oct 19 2015, 11:06 AM) *

Did you have a 2056 that burned a bearing after your rebuild? If so, I think I met you once up by Monaghan's when I was dropping my old friend Victor off at the bar last year.

Pretty sure I remember you. Broken crank, not a burned bearing.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.