Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In with the new
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forrestkhaag
FYI: A new rain tray can be fitted to an old (70-71) deck lid with the simple addition of one hole drilled in the cross-support and three bolts and washers to hold the tray in place.

As you know, the new style tray is more substantial in design with lateral ridges to stiffen the tray and direct the flow of El NiƱo's bounty should it ever arrive in SoCal...

The early tray being flat and mostly warped from heat, age, use, and lack of adequate 3D to the original molding. (like most 914 Owners....)

I picked up a perfect late version tray at the G&R for 15 bucks and mounted it today in about 20 minutes. Now to monitor the attachment security for a few months of driving in the rain......... bs.gif

beerchug.gif

Sidebar: I also picked up a decent deck lid and grille at the G&R and would like to trade a full set of bright letters for another good grille for my GT fab to be undertaken when I locate the second grille..

Any interested parties?
beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
EdwardBlume
Make sure your drain points are free from blockage as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.