Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spark plug wire ends into dist cap?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bazza
Gang,
I recently purchased a new set of wires and dist. cap but the ends that plug into the dist. cap are female like those that would typically go on the male plug ends. blink.gif They need to be male, right? What gives - is there something going on I don't know about are did someone put the wrong ends on these wires? Thanks for any insight smile.gif
Cheers aktion035.gif ,
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Bazza @ Mar 8 2005, 11:38 AM)
I recently purchased a new set of wires and dist. cap but the ends that plug into the dist. cap are female like those that would typically go on the male plug ends.

if the distributor cap has the same hollow cups that your 356 has, i think you're fine.
the plug wires have split-collar thingies on 'em, yes? try plugging one in - i think you'll find it'll work just fine.
Bazza
Hi Rich biggrin.gif

Thanks for the reply!

I'm attaching 3 photos to better illustrate what's happening.

They show the two end types on this wire set. Obviously the longer ends w/metal goes to the plugs.

Another photo shows the inside of both ends.

And the last shows the end is way too large for the dist. cap and the inside does not come close to "clipping" into the female copper connector of the cap, as traditional male ends do.

Thus my question to the forum.

What's your opinion now that you've seen these photos? I think these plugs have the wrong type of ends on them. blink.gif

The sales associate at Vertex was going to research and get back to me.

Thanks! wavey.gif
Bazza
oops - here's the pics.....
Bazza
here's the two ends inside view.....
Bazza
and lastly here's the end which is way too large for the cap fitting.....
TheCabinetmaker
That end will not fit the diz cap.
rhcb914
I may be totally wrong but those wires look like they are for a new VW 2.0L water cooled car. That boot look like the ones that come off my coil pack.

Maybe the wires got mixed up and put in the wrong box.

Bazza
That's what I was thinking wink.gif - thanks for your input pray.gif fellas, just wanted to make sure I wasn't incorrect in my conclusions. I've only changed out gazillions of wire sets in my life headbang.gif icon8.gif confused24.gif

Vertex will have to send the correct ones.... idea.gif

Have a good one! mueba.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.