Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: riddle me this batman
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
as per the haynes wiring diagram, the black/purple wirie runs from the #1(-) term on the coil to the #5 connection on the rear wire bundle on the relay panel. now then, should the #5 pin on the relay be a direct connection to ground?

kevin
DNHunt
Kevin,

My manual shows the bl/pu wire goes to pin 5 through the 12 pin connector. Pin 5 is direct to pin 7 of the 14 pin connector and runs to the Tach. Kevin Check S9. It also looks to me like the ground path for the negative side of the coil is through the condenser or in your case the Compufire. I don't know the more I look at it the more confusing it looks.

Dave
Rockaria
Acording to what I have seen on my 75. The #5 pin on the relay board (12 point engine harness conection) goes to the #7 pin on the relayboard (14 point power harness) and of directly to the back of the tach post #1 completing the ground. The tach gets power from the wire on the back of the tach post #15 wich is from fuse #9 and shard with all the other power in the cluster. The tach works when the points ground and the tach goes up as the points ground faster as the engine ges faster.

EDIT: Dohhh... Dave beat me to it... Cool!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.