Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: 356 Porsche FS on evilbay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikey
Bids for this one are pouring in. It's up to about $300 dollars.
smash.gif welder.gif smash.gif welder.gif
mikey
A little bondo and this would look like new. At least it has a clear title. Maybe we should buy it for Brad.

GWN7
laugh.gif

Vehicle Description

This is the remains of VIN # 86807. You would have to be very talented or completely insane to bid one this one

But he has a reserve on it wacko.gif
iiibdsiil
Runs great! I swear.
bd1308
what whackjob would throw his 356 pieces into a forest anyway??? TREASURE MAP? is this guy serious????? ......what a moron
davep
The two D's I had were much nicer.
mikey
Depends on how high the reserve is, but someone might buy this just for the vin number.

Speedsters are the holy grail of the 356 crowd, but Convertible Ds actually are rarer.
bd1308
I wouldn't mind having a hardtop coupe....something not rare and something that would still look cool!
Cap'n Krusty
Interesting story, and collection of parts. Thet front bumper is a B/C bumper, NOT an A. The wiper assembly somewhat resembles the A one here (from a Cab), but the arms are B. There's more to the story than we're being told .......... The Cap'n
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (mikey @ Mar 8 2005, 12:13 PM)
Depends on how high the reserve is, but someone might buy this just for the vin number.

Speedsters are the holy grail of the 356 crowd, but Convertible Ds actually are rarer.

And Cabriolets are also rarer than Speedsters. Convertible Ds are Speedsters with roll up windows and taller (but still removable), and built in a different factory. Porsche farmed put the bodies to Drauz, one of a number of such subcontractors. (Reutter, Karmann, D'Eteren, Abarth, and Glaser (sp?), among others.) The Cap'n
mikey
Cabriolets are also rarer than Speedsters

That's good to know - I have a 54 Cab that I plan on restoring after the 914-6 resto is finally done.

Speedsters were the low cost entry model from 54-59, I've been told . And in the year of my cabriolet there were more Speedsters than Cabs.

Recently a pushrod (non 4-cam) Speedster sold for $98k according to the 356 folks at http://www.356registry.org.
Joe Bob
Yeah....sometimes I have to turn off the 356 list....they are a bit ......oh....356 ish...ya know what I mean?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.