Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '74 - Fog Light / Driving Light Bulb in yellow?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MATTYLITE
I'm looking for yellow replacement bulbs for my fog lights and have searched all over this forum and many websites to no avail.

What I do know, is that Jahn is the current reproduction manufacturer, but I'd like to find the bulb in yellow.

I've chatted with several online LED websites and they don't carry that model, even as a generic bulb.. =(

Any info and / or leads would be great.

Thanks!

Matt
ben*james
QUOTE(MATTYLITE @ Oct 20 2015, 06:14 PM) *

I'm looking for yellow replacement bulbs for my fog lights and have searched all over this forum and many websites to no avail.

What I do know, is that Jahn is the current reproduction manufacturer, but I'd like to find the bulb in yellow.

I've chatted with several online LED websites and they don't carry that model, even as a generic bulb.. =(

Any info and / or leads would be great.

Thanks!

Matt

Like these?

Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
I believed someone just painted their clear lens to yellow.
ben*james
Don't think so.....don't want to hijack the thread but maybe I should do some exploratory surgery?!
rnellums
There is a special film, Lamin-x makes it i think that you can stick on, looks pretty good.

http://www.lamin-x.com/Color-Films-Rolls-s/1673.htm
MATTYLITE
I appreciate all the help guys.

I bought yellow film to cover over the light itself, which will look great during the day, but at night when I turn the light on, it won't be as yellow because of the white lit bulb.

Maybe I'll just double up the yellow film?

The search the continues...
r_towle
Have you tried using a yellow highlighter on the bulbs?
ben*james
If mine are film covered,....I don't want them.
This weekend, I rip off the bumper (again for the second time this month) and discover the truth. Godspeed.
Mike Bellis
You need to look in France. They have lots of yellow lamps since it's required on many cars there...
thieuster
It used to be mandatory. Nowadays, these are all like the EU's standard. But if you happen to have yellow lights, it's still allowed. You can even buy these halogens if you want.

*) the story behind these yellow lights is interesting - but could be an urban legend, I am not sure: just before WWII broke out, the French government ordered car owners to use yellow headlights so that the French troops would be able to see the difference between 'theirs' and the enemy. No-one had thought about the fact that it would work the other way around after the Nazis had found out that: 'yellow light = French'... Still, after WWII the French government maintained the rules about yellow lights, up until the 90s.

Menno
johannes
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Oct 20 2015, 09:11 PM) *

You need to look in France. They have lots of yellow lamps since it's required on many cars there...

No. yellow bulbs are not mandatory in France for at least 20 years. Road lines were also painted yellow and are now white. Yellow was mandatory because it has been proved that yellow light will not difract as much as white light against fog.

Anyway, H4 bulb covers are available for "classic cars". You can find them on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/280968181101
Dion
Sierra Madre has covers but for H4 not sure about fog
stock bulb size. I'm running Autoroche lamps in my Driving/fog lamp location. l have these covers on my Headlamps.
I had used a yellow adhesive film on the fogs
years ago. Worked well. I believe it was called
Folia Tec from Germany.

Price: $16.95
Part Number: SMC.802.035
Quantity:
Type: Aftermarket

Any way some options for you.
Cheers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.