Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hell Hole Coming Back To Life
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
riverman
I think I'm getting the hang of this cut, grind, and weld thing. This and the following 3 posts show the before, cutting, more cutting, and patched stage of my hell hole.
riverman
Here I've cut the suspension mounts off and cut out some rust patches.
riverman
This shows the large hole I had to cut out of the suspension riser. Patches welded into the fender wall.
riverman
This is the large patch welded on to the top of the suspension riser. Suspension mounts from donor car re-welded.
jd74914
Nice work, it looks really good smilie_pokal.gif
Root_Werks
I was about ready to complain about my hell hole until I saw this. You rule man! Looks great! smilie_pokal.gif welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
MecGen
Hey
Thumbs up...I've just finished 4 days of grinding...
Feel jour pain/joy.
smilie_pokal.gif
If your not going to sandblast the engine tub, check out some good rust sealers like Por15 and others
Thanx for the pics
Cheers
Joe

beerchug.gif
spunone
Thats what I need to do what gauge of metal did you use and did you treat the metal on the inside of the long before welding up??One more thing did you butt weld or over lap .?? Looks great smilie_pokal.gif
riverman
QUOTE (spunone @ Mar 8 2005, 06:48 PM)
Thats what I need to do what gauge of metal did you use and did you treat the metal on the inside of the long before welding up??One more thing did you butt weld or over lap .?? Looks great smilie_pokal.gif

21 guage for the frame, 18 for the fender wall. I used a rust converter and then a weld-thru zinc primer on the metal. Welds are all lap welds or plug welds.
Lou W
Great job smilie_pokal.gif
redshift
huh.gif finger.gif

I hate people who work on their cars.

Nice work. mad.gif

Soon, you'll have jack stands for sale.. hrrmph...

M
wrpspddrvr
Sweet! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif Good to see a 914 chassis going in the opposite direction!

Cole monkeydance.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.