Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Mike Fitton
Just saw this 914-6 come up for sale: http://specialtycarsservicecenter.com/cars...-porsche-914-6/
Cal
Needs work.....but nothing money couldn't fix. Mark Burkit is the owner of Specialty Cars.....he's a good guy and a straight shooter. My 'O' Group buddies from the Early S Registry have their early 911's serviced there. I don't live far from the shop if anyone needs additional photos taken.
iwanta914-6
I think that's a great price in today's market for a numbers matching six...
Cal
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Oct 21 2015, 10:00 PM) *

It's a cool car with great history...but it needs a lot of work. Restoring these cars is not cheap, a full restoration would push it into six figures. IMO....there are other 914-6's on the market that might be a better value.

European Collectables......$84.5K
Carplanet.....$80K

http://www.europeancollectables.com/invent...e_inv_id=Po3248

http://www.carplanet.com/porsche/914-6/197...-9146-Black.htm
pete000
Whats up with the rear valance, seems they had to really work the tail pipe to make it line up? Is that a 4 cylinder early valance?

Nice Patina ride as is !
mskala

Really? Not that I follow that closely but that is pretty beat up.
Cairo94507
You are correct Pete000 smilie_pokal.gif ; that is not a Six rear valance. The port hole on the Six is about 2" or so to the left of where that one is. That is a 4 valance and they definitely modified the muffler to work with. You can see in the one picture the muffler outlet pipe has been cut and welded to make that valance exit work. That is a nice complete Six for sure. However I think given its current condition, the price is a tad high. I see that as a $35-38K car. It needs a complete restoration.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(mskala @ Oct 22 2015, 07:47 AM) *

I recall not too long ago (a few months, there's a thread somewhere) that a rusty barn find numbers matching 6 sold on ebay for around $35K. This one looks a lot better even though it too needs some work. I wouldn't do a full resto on it, just fix the problem areas and DRIVE it!
Cal
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Oct 22 2015, 09:49 AM) *

QUOTE(mskala @ Oct 22 2015, 07:47 AM) *

I recall not too long ago (a few months, there's a thread somewhere) that a rusty barn find numbers matching 6 sold on ebay for around $35K. This one looks a lot better even though it too needs some work. I wouldn't do a full resto on it, just fix the problem areas and DRIVE it!

Once you start to fix the problem areas.....
daytona
Wow! I am impressed. There are some very knowledgeable and eagle eyed folks in this forum. I would have never noticed the issue with the rear valance.
Good catch. pray.gif
rick 918-S
Are you sure someone actually paid 35k for a rusted project car? Ask is not sell and ebay is full of shill tactics. I have done a number of full resto's. That car is a can of whoop ass! There isn't one part of the car that would go untouched in a restoration. NO way to keep your head above water at 44k. 15-20k may keep you close to even provided the prices still climb over the next 2 years while the car is under the knife.
pete000
Nothing 65 grand wont fix right up !

Send it to Gunnar Racing or Canepa.
porschetub
QUOTE(pete000 @ Oct 24 2015, 05:59 PM) *

Nothing 65 grand wont fix right up !

Send it to Gunnar Racing or Canepa.

True,they have gold plated tools,seriously IMO this car is a potential rotbox ,just thinking about the rust on the outside !! whats it like on the inside welder.gif ,potential money pit but price is a sign of the times.
Cal
This car is still on the market with the price reduced to $40K. It might be worth pursuing in the mid-$30's if someone has the time and ability to do some of the work themselves.....

http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/sh...9-Fs-1970-914-6

mountainroads
QUOTE(Cal @ Oct 21 2015, 06:56 PM) *

(Snip) >> Restoring these cars is not cheap, a full restoration would push it into six figures. <<

Amen to that. I'm not trying to put this vehicle down. Definitely worth saving. Just know that you'll be underwater for a long time. Not a problem if you don't care. There's only so many out there, so... My .02.

- MR
pete000
The one on the early 911 registry looks like a bargain...
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(mountainroads @ Dec 4 2015, 03:43 PM) *

(Snip) >> Restoring these cars is not cheap, a full restoration would push it into six figures. <<

Amen to that. I'm not trying to put this vehicle down. Definitely worth saving. Just know that you'll be underwater for a long time. Not a problem if you don't care. There's only so many out there, so... My .02.

- MR

And fully restored it would be "valued" over six figures. So you buy it for $40K, put $75K worth of work and in the end have a car "valued" around $125K+.

These are rare cars, especially numbers matching. If the price get's any lower, someone is going to take a chance on it, restore it, and actually make a profit. Maybe one of the Porsche Classic Centers will pick it up...
rgalla9146
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 23 2015, 11:44 PM) *

Are you sure someone actually paid 35k for a rusted project car? Ask is not sell and ebay is full of shill tactics. I have done a number of full resto's. That car is a can of whoop ass! There isn't one part of the car that would go untouched in a restoration. NO way to keep your head above water at 44k. 15-20k may keep you close to even provided the prices still climb over the next 2 years while the car is under the knife.

I sold a silver 6 on Ebay within the last year for $31k
It had much greater needs and was far less complete.
It was not number matching.
As far as I know it stayed in the states.
I didn't set the price.
The market did.
I'm surprised this car hasn't sold.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Dec 4 2015, 06:59 PM) *

QUOTE(mountainroads @ Dec 4 2015, 03:43 PM) *

- MR

And fully restored it would be "valued" over six figures. So you buy it for $40K, put $75K worth of work and in the end have a car "valued" around $125K+.

These are rare cars, especially numbers matching. If the price get's any lower, someone is going to take a chance on it, restore it, and actually make a profit. Maybe one of the Porsche Classic Centers will pick it up...

If you have documented actual sales in that range post them. Otherwise there are a few cars advertised at that level that are window dressing with no buyers. Not that there aren't guys out there with the jack to pull the trigger but I haven't seen them selling. Just advertising.
Evil914
Damn,I like the real sixes but that rust just makes my skin crawl.I must be spoiled from the fairly rust free Texas cars. Rust repair is worse than any kind of torture in my opinion.I would pay twice that price not to have to eat rust and dirt.Just my two cents. barf.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.