Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: COVERED TRANSPORT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hot_shoe914
Okay, this has been covered a million times. I need a trustworthy, reliable and affordable covered transport from NorCal to Arkansas.

Recommendations....and go!

beerchug.gif

p.s. This is for a flared 914-8
Kansas 914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 21 2015, 06:43 PM) *

Okay, this has been covered a million times. I need a trustworthy, reliable and affordable covered transport from NorCal to Arkansas.

beerchug.gif

Covered? Really? Sounds like a queen.... biggrin.gif

Intercity. http://www.intercitylines.com
Reliable. http://www.reliablecarriers.com

Both are good. Intercity is running a special on transport from California to the East.
SKL1
You'll have the best luck if the route is a more common one. I've used Reliable twice in the last few months. Shipped a 911 from Florida to Iowa- took forever to pick it up in Florida (summer not the time to ship to or from Florida!). Once picked up was in IA in less than a week.
Recently shipped a 914 to AZ- much more typical route. Took a couple weeks to pick up, and was in AZ in less than a week.
Always had good luck with the Reliable drivers...
Tried Intercity for the FLA trip but they said they weren't going that way in the summer...
Would never go uncovered but that's me.
Driving to IA this spring from AZ we passed a Ferrari 458 on the bottom of an OPEN trailer with dealer plates!!! Couldn't believe it or stop laughing...

914Next
I'v used both Reliable and Intercity and was pleased with both but agree that Intercity seems to have much more restrictive routes. I've tried several times with them where they couldn't meet my needs (i.e. minneapolis to Atlanta).
Mueller
Sorry, 914s are not allowed to leave California!

I'd pick one with live tracking, I would want to know where my car is at all times on it's way to me!
GeorgeRud
Reliable has been great both times I've shipped my 914-6 from Chicago to Monterey and back. Wonderful folks in my experience!
JRust
WTF.gif Shoe you buying 914's again. Thought you were retired like me evilgrin.gif
billh1963
If you are okay with open I have used Golden Key Express 5 or 6 times and they have been great. They own their own trucks.

Cars have arrived in perfect condition and drivers are very good long time employees.
white1975
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 21 2015, 05:43 PM) *

beerchug.gif

Looks like I will be making a trip to Northern California in late Nov/early Dec to deliver a Mini. Anyway, I will have an empty trailer on the return trip to TN if anyone has something on the west coast that needs it taken to the east coast. Date of trip is up in the air currently, but most likely will be after Thanksgiving. Looking to move another Mini back with me, but I am open to just about anything that will fit on my 14' trailer. Motorcycles, large sheet metal components, engines, etc. Not particular in what I haul as long as it's legal. LOL!

"Retired: No Job, No Money, Wife and I! Will travel anywhere for Minis"

hockey91dad@hotmail.com
contact dr mini I think his trailer is inclosed
EdwardBlume
I used DAS from TX to CA years ago. Worked out fine....
EdwardBlume
A flared 914-8 ?

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Martin Baker
I have used Intercity, it was first class service all the way round. The Driver was super friendly, and treated the car like it was his own while he unloaded it. It was pricey, but the service was great. The car is moved by hand and winches, never started. It was kinda cool because of the OTHER toys sitting out in the street, while they were getting my car unloaded.
era vulgaris
I used Montway to ship my car in a covered carrier from CA to NC last December. $1300. I think they hire independent contractors to do the shipping, so maybe it's a crapshoot as to who you get. The driver that delivered my car was great though. I talked to him for a bit after he unloaded and reloaded all the cars to get to mine - all really cool classics on there. I actually still have his contact info, if anyone wants to contact him directly. He'll ship a car for less if you hire him directly and don't go through Montway, but I think he only does cross country routes.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(RobW @ Oct 23 2015, 01:08 PM) *

A flared 914-8 ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeO9AC9yCso...eature=youtu.be
r_towle
Sick
Mueller
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 23 2015, 07:57 PM) *

A flared 914-8 ?

I've ridden in that car...it was awesome....his 993 3.6liter 550 Spyder scared the daylights out me compared to the 914!

He actually broke a rolling dyno with that 914!

matthepcat

A flared 914-8 ?

Oh, your the guy that purchased that
Mueller
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Oct 23 2015, 08:58 PM) *

A flared 914-8 ?

I never saw the ad...what was his asking price?
Mueller
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 23 2015, 08:58 PM) *

A flared 914-8 ?

I never saw the ad...what was his asking price? I talked to him a few months ago, he never mentioned it being for sale..not that I could afford it!
rick 918-S
Redneck Racer! aktion035.gif
EdwardBlume
w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(white1975 @ Oct 23 2015, 12:30 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 21 2015, 05:43 PM) *

beerchug.gif

Looks like I will be making a trip to Northern California in late Nov/early Dec to deliver a Mini. Anyway, I will have an empty trailer on the return trip to TN if anyone has something on the west coast that needs it taken to the east coast. Date of trip is up in the air currently, but most likely will be after Thanksgiving. Looking to move another Mini back with me, but I am open to just about anything that will fit on my 14' trailer. Motorcycles, large sheet metal components, engines, etc. Not particular in what I haul as long as it's legal. LOL!

"Retired: No Job, No Money, Wife and I! Will travel anywhere for Minis"

hockey91dad@hotmail.com
contact dr mini I think his trailer is inclosed

Is this an enclosed trailer and will the 914 fit in it and allow you room to get it strapped down securely?

Shoe
beerchug.gif

The car currently has no top so must be transported in an enclosed trailer, unless one of you NorCal guys have an extra top laying around that you can put on it.
Unobtanium-inc
Whatever you do, don't pick a transporter based on priced. Go with someone who knows classic cars and Porsches. You're only going to ship it once, spend the money. Don't believe me, here are some guys who got cheap.

https://unobtaniuminc.wordpress.com/2012/02...ng-of-porsches/

But my favorite, the guy who didn't want to use my transporter, he saved $100 on U-ship, the guy who showed up had a converted motorhome, also, he had double booked so the Porsche got loaded and then the furniture was piled on top of it. Good thing he saved $100!
matthepcat
$12.5

He posted it on Facebook "914outlaw" group

QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 23 2015, 08:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 23 2015, 08:58 PM) *

A flared 914-8 ?

I never saw the ad...what was his asking price? I talked to him a few months ago, he never mentioned it being for sale..not that I could afford it!

Mueller
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Oct 25 2015, 12:28 PM) *

$12.5

He posted it on Facebook "914outlaw" group

Insane price....

I need to call him and see if he still has any turbines that he'd sell dirt cheap so I can make a static display?!

PT-6 I think...been ages since we talked about boats with turbines!
DRPHIL914
piratenanner.gif
well, now you finally have a 914 you can drive to octeenerfest!(without needing AAA towing)! poke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.