Damn! I guess it did

HIEDI
Allan
Okay I see it. Look at:

Mt. St. Helens
morph
That cam was updated at 1:30pm, it blew at 5:30pm PST
double-a
saw it too, climbed up on the roof for a better view. that was one tall steam/ash plume! biggest i've seen in awhile, maybe since 1980.

~a
morph
Here is a link to the news story.

http://www.kptv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3049683
Yoei66
I watched the whole thing during an embarrassing ride in the front of a tow truck. 914 being towed behind me. What
first looked like a cloud shot up to what the local news now reports to be about 36,000ft. I had a really good view
coming from jest southeast of Portland. I didn’t bother to say anything to the two tow truck guys, who were
engrossed in a conversation about kick-ass alligator wrestling. The good news is that after getting off the hook my
914 started right up. Guess I had vapor lock in this warm Northwest weather. Do 914’s get vapor lock?

yoei66
redshift
QUOTE (Headrage @ Mar 8 2005, 10:02 PM)
Okay I see it. Look at:

Mt. St. Helens

ohmy.gif

WHAT THE HELL ARE WE GONNA DO NOW!?

M
Yoei66
Redshift, you are hilarious!
Meredith
QUOTE (Yoei66 @ Mar 8 2005, 07:14 PM)
Redshift, you are hilarious!

Don't encourage him. wink.gif

I wonder when it's really going to erupt. The volcano, that is.
redshift
I just spent 2 minutes trying to set my clock, then I couldn't get the window to close.

Proof: MicroSoft sucks!

M
scotty914
well all of the west coast stuff is going to f up my nice east coast air again. i would love to have seen that
redshift
Nevermind that little thing! Did you see that thing on TV that said Yosemite was a super-volcano?

Oh dood... game over!

M
SpecialK
QUOTE (redshift @ Mar 8 2005, 07:40 PM)
Nevermind that little thing! Did you see that thing on TV that said Yosemite was a super-volcano?

Oh dood... game over!

M

Yep, the one about the water in the lake sloshing to one end because of the ground swell. That's gonna leave a mark! ohmy.gif

Hope I get my teener's runnin' before she blows! Better get to work! smash.gif
swood
QUOTE (redshift @ Mar 8 2005, 07:29 PM)
I just spent 2 minutes trying to set my clock, then I couldn't get the window to close.

Proof: MicroSoft sucks!

M

Dude...Why are you looking at godzilla on IE??? Godzilla...Mozilla...Get it??!

cool_shades.gif

I actually have a little Gerber jar of St. Helens arse...I mean ash from July 1980 in my kitchen cupboard between the Joy of Cooking and The Cheese book. What am I supposed to do with it???

Otto says "hey".
zehrschnell914
I watched the whole thing during an embarrassing ride in the front of a tow truck. 914 being towed behind me. What
first looked like a cloud shot up to what the local news now reports to be about 36,000ft. I had a really good view
coming from jest southeast of Portland. I didn’t bother to say anything to the two tow truck guys, who were
engrossed in a conversation about kick-ass alligator wrestling. The good news is that after getting off the hook my
914 started right up. Guess I had vapor lock in this warm Northwest weather. Do 914’s get vapor lock?

Yoei66,

Just out of curiosity, what tow company was it that you used? Also, my '75 sometimes has a starting problem that seems to be related to the relay under the passenger seat(it won't turn over or even click). 914s will vapor lock, but it's pretty cool out for that at this time of year. I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd be happy to take a look if you need any help.

Mike
V.P. - Speed's Supertow

airsix
This bites. It looks cool in Portland/Vancouver because its moving AWAY from you. I'm to the East and its coming right at me. We're going to get dumped on. sad.gif

-Ben M. (Kennewick Man)
John Kelly
QUOTE (redshift @ Mar 8 2005, 07:40 PM)

Oh dood... game over!

M

That was Yellowstone that is a super volcano. Don't feel bad...when Shumacher Levy Nine hit Jupiter, I said it hit some other planet....

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
red914
QUOTE (airsix @ Mar 8 2005, 10:36 PM)
This bites. It looks cool in Portland/Vancouver because its moving AWAY from you. I'm to the East and its coming right at me. We're going to get dumped on. sad.gif

-Ben M. (Kennewick Man)

so, whatever happened to Kennewick Man, anyway? they said he had european features; german aircoooled cars being one of those features? laugh.gif
airsix
QUOTE (red914 @ Mar 9 2005, 07:49 AM)
so, whatever happened to Kennewick Man, anyway? they said he had european features; german aircoooled cars being one of those features? laugh.gif

You know they found a flint blade in his back, right? Police suspect it was a ride-by spearing. Pasco-man is being sought for questioning.

-Ben M.
SLITS
And what's a little ash between friends?

Pompei is looking better everyday!
SirAndy
QUOTE (John Kelly @ Mar 9 2005, 07:46 AM)
That was Yellowstone that is a super volcano.

agree.gif yellowstone it is ...

it's a hotspot and the north american continent is moving over the hotspot.
the (now dormant) vulcanos here in the bay area used to be over the same hotspot where yellowstone now is. is going to continue to move east.
well, actually, the hot spot is stationary and it's north america that moves west ...
but the result is the same, one day, the hotspot will be under new york city!

cool.gif Andy
redshift
Yosemite, Yellowstone... what's the difference?

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!

laugh.gif

Oh, and Steve, I was going to put some text, and some Japanese guys yelling "Gaahzilla"..

M
SpecialK
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Mar 9 2005, 10:10 AM)
vulcanos here in the bay area used to be over the same hotspot where yellowstone now is.

Back when SLITS was just a teenager. laugh.gif
redshift
Yellosimite Sam

I am making popcorn..

M
SpecialK
QUOTE (redshift @ Mar 10 2005, 02:55 AM)
Yellosimite Sam

I am making popcorn..

M

Pyroclastic popcorn?
redshift
Go with the flow!

M
scotty b
QUOTE (scott thacher @ Mar 8 2005, 07:33 PM)
well all of the west coast stuff is going to f up my nice east coast air again. i would love to have seen that

wacko.gif Don't sweat ittoo much Scott. When Hell..ens blows it wil melt the polar ice caps sending a wall of water all over the planet, Cali will dissapear and we will have ocean front property. Then we can get some scuba gear, go diving and retrieve all the teeners that they lost in Cali, and have the worlds largest rust pile,charge $10.00 addmission and get filty stinkin rich man!! smilie_pokal.gif
Captains log : just got flushed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.